Center Health Nano

Does anyone use this meter and/or strips?

I came across their app on Google Play and went to investigate their website. The meter connects to your phone via the headphone jack and the result is automatically entered into the app on your phone. The app looks like a complete diabetes app complete with a food database.

Strips are priced at $16/mo for 2 tests/ day, $20 for 4-5 tests/day, and $29/mo for unlimited tests/day, all as calculated by what’s entered into the app. The monitor is free with your first strip order.

Does anyone know how good the monitor is, or any other experience with Center Health?

1 Like

The prices sound good, but it just comes down to how accurate their meter is.

I know another thing that was like that - One Drop - that had some reports of sketchy accuracy.

Do you know if they let you just get one month to check it out? Or do you have to buy it in a one-year package or something? (The One Drop startup cost was pretty high.)

If they let you do one month, I’d be willing to check it out.

I had not heard of this one. Thanks for the share.

@docslotnick seeing how fast Android mfrs are getting rid of headphone Jack’s, they won’t last long. Lol

1 Like

I love new tech… if it works…
Found this photo and site about Center Nano:
I’m not hijacking this thread, just adding info.

Here’s the source:
https://steemit.com/steemhunt/@aboutindonesia/center-nano-check-your-blood-sugar-from-your-phone

5 Likes

More info…

1 Like

Here, somebody took it out of the box for this picture: :grinning:

3 Likes

We have Dexcom G6 but I bought this meter on a whim because of the inaccuracies found with the prescribed meter. This meter always exactly to the number matches Dexcom when blood sugar is steady. It’s the only one we use now.

bump

Has anyone gotten around to trying the nano? Or the one drop? I can’t really find them in any of the meter accuracy comparisons

I’ve used the center health app and actually really liked the platform and ease of use

Ok I went ahead and ordered 1 month of test strips (100 strips) (which the nano comes free with) through center health which was $20 up front. No binding subscription and if I’m not happy then it’s fully refundable. I couldn’t really find any thorough reviews of the nano, so I’ll plan to post one after using it for a little, and I’ll include BG comparisons to freestyle lite, freestyle flash, and contour next one meters as well as dexcom g6 readings

2 Likes

@LarissaW
Did you ever get round to trying the center health nano?
I am looking into a subscription for the onedrop but now i have jsut seen this!

1 Like

@pancreaswanted yes, I did end up getting a few months supply! Sorry Id totally forgotten to do a writeup on it. I’m on my way back from vacation so won’t get around to that for a week I’d guess. I’ll message you!

1 Like

Hi, just curious as to how well this product worked.

Hi there! Any specific questions I can answer?

I will get around to writing a more official write up eventually.

The size of the center health nano is nice and small compared to other meters. It is fairly easy to use but requires a bit more patience than using the traditional glucometer (you need to click through your phone, to the app, open the app, plug in the nano, wait for it to register, then plug in the testing strip, wait for it to register, then are good to go).

I would say that the testing strips generally require more blood than others I use (like the freestyle lite, and contour one touch).

It’s nice to just plug into my phone and have the ability to track and see my finger prick tests over time. The app has the ability to log exercise, meds, and food, etc.

In terms of reliability and accuracy I would generally say it’s a fairly reliable and most of the time is accurate but will randomly be off by 20-30 points compared to my contour one touch meter, freestyle light meter and the dexcom g6 (even with using the same finger for finger pricks for control). For me personally I want my meter to be absolutely 100% accurate always so the center health nano falls a bit short. Again that’s just for me though! I’ve heard that the other subscription meter the Dario is similar in that it is not always super accurate but most of the time can get the job done.

3 Likes

Any meter can be off, but one that is 20-30 points off more often than once in a blue moon is enough to make me second guess much of what I see. I think I’m terms of test strip price, too… and if I have to double and triple check enough, it can make already pricy strips cross over into absurd.

That would be awesome.

1 Like

Thank you! As newly diagnosed T2, I want a meter to be accurate so I can see how certain things effect my levels.

1 Like

Yes, totally understandable! If you use the search tool here on FUD, you can find plenty of threads regarding the pros and cons of most available meters that might help narrow down the decision of which meter will work best for you

All glucose meters are inaccurate they can be as much as 15% off lab test per FDA rules and according to my research the Contour is one of the WORST for accuracy. Don’t believe me? Take your Contour and test yourself 5x in a row. You will get wild swings with each test. My OneTouch meter in the span of 3 minutes had me going from 180-275 when I did 5 test back to back thats a major swing in the span of 3 minutes. Meanwhile when you perform that same test with the Nano from Center the range was literally within a 10 mg range. However, that said there is not a single meter on the market that is 100% accurate. Unless you are having a lab certify the test with the same prick as your meter that expectation is also unproven.

Another thing to note is that the Nano from Center is doing 2 test on one strip which increases the accuracy, nearly all other meters are doing ONE test. From their website:

Is the Nano accurate?

Yes! The Center Nano blood glucose monitor is one of the most accurate test strip sensors in the world.

The device was cleared by the FDA’s latest 2017 blood glucose monitoring guidelines, and has an operating range of 20 mg/dL to 600 mg/dL (1.1mmol/L to 33.3 mmol/L) with a hematocrit range of 20-70%.

As cited in the Nano’s FDA approval, for glucose concentrations less than 75mg/dL, the Nano was within 15mg/dL of the YSI reference value 100% of the time, within 10mg/dL 98% of the time, and within 5mg/dL 42% of the time. For concentrations above 75mg/dL, the Nano was within 15% of the reference value 100% of the time, within 10% 95.5% of the time, and within 5% 52% of the time.

How is the Nano able to achieve these results? Unlike normal test strips which only use one set of enzymes to measure blood sugar, the Center Nano test strip has 2 sets of enzymes on every test strip. This allows for hematocrit interference to be measured and adjusted for during the 5 second blood sugar test, which enable the Nano to compute extremely accurate results.

Hi, @irocubabe. Welcome. Just had to respond to your Contour comment because I do these kinds of tests frequently and have texted my Contour 10 times in a row on several occasions as wmm as comparomg it to lab bloods was. Draws. Sorry. Falling asleep. :woman_facepalming: It might be terrible for you, but the Contour and ReliOn Prime meters are my top ranked, and they blow al the others out of the alter. Water. :roll_eyes: One Touch is consistently my best underachiever. Never tried the nano though. Sounds cool!

Good night.

1 Like

Your results greatly varied from mine, though it was not the worse that spot went to the Verio.

1 Like

I just tried my nano for the first time along side my Freestyle Freedom Life and indeed was 30 pts less than my regular meter. I don’t like that, very risky! Will try for a month and monitor to see if it gets better. As it is right now? Will recommend to use with caution.

4 Likes