Center Health Nano

Since this thread was bumped up from last year, I saw a few things I had missed on it! Oops, gotta pay attention to these threads!

This comment. :man_shrugging:

My response:

(From this thread :arrow_right: best meter on the planet)

5 Likes

Note that this says Contour, not Contour Next.
It is older version, using older strips.
https://www.amazon.com/bayer-contour-blood-glucose-meter/dp/b004dj9208

And it was much less accurate than Contour Next.

1 Like

Has anyone tested the Nano consistently against another meter for a good period of time yet? I got mine today and YIKES! My first reading was indeed 30 points off. And there aren’t a lot of reviews on them yet. I did see one comment say that their meter got better over time, ie it sort of got to know the user, and became more accurate? idk.

2 Likes

So I have been using the center nano/duo for a year now. It seems that it’s reading are considerably less than what the contour one and one drop show. So I am going to stop use of the Center Health meters and use the contour for a while and see if my management of my sugar lvls is better.

3 Likes

Wow that is quite a spread you have there. The 130/148 seems to be within a reasonable range. The Contour has never let us down. We have three of them kicking around here and in various cars.

2 Likes

Yeah it has consistently has such a variation with the Center Health meters, I am still in awe how much the variance is. That picture was taken after doing that test 5 times. I got two of the contour meters now. Any good resources to get strips on the low?

Yeah, our insurance doesn’t cover them, we used to buy them in lots of 600 on Amazon, but apparently they clamped down on the sellers there. So I just purchased 300 from Walmart.com. Will update when I receive them.

2 Likes

Nice. I will be looking forward to your review.