Candy recommendation

Is this a powdery type candy in paper packaging? If so, and especially if you don’t use them often, you might want to “test” them after a couple months.

I had hoped to use “pixie stix” for similar purposes, but found that they absorbed water out of the air and caused the sugar to partially solidify and adsorb to the paper wrapping in a way that prevented me from eating it.

3 Likes

In case it might be useful to others - my goal was to find a portable candy that would raise my BG quickly without requiring me to brush my teeth.

The packaging isn’t really flat, but I found that Nerds candy could be swallowed and absorbed relatively quickly without chewing.

4 Likes

Yes, it is basically colored sugar!
:joy:

It’s a candy stick that you suck on and dip into sugar powder. Rinse and repeat until all the powder sugar is in your belly. My kids love those.

2 Likes

How about Andes mints? Or Ghirardelli chocolate squares? Not sure if temperature is a consideration - they might melt in warm weather.

1 Like

I’ve used those both. They are small and flat. But as you mentioned, they get kinda melty!

Even a few of those works strongly for me…and the packaging is sturdy

2 Likes

Welch’s Fruit Snacks. These are gummies in a small near flat package. 16 grams of carbs per pack (each gummy is 1.5 grams carbs).

https://www.google.com/gasearch?q=welch's%20fruit%20snacks&tbm=isch&source=sh/x/gs/m2/5#imgrc=49qc4_I26IZkiM&imgdii=4aUA3dtOLukV3M

2 Likes

Thanks @Jim_YYC! I will check those out too. I don’t think I have tried them.

1 Like

Found this amusing

1 Like

Would you consider healthier flat options? If so, I like the organic fruit strips sold at Target stores everywhere or online. They’re individually wrapped and have 12 grams of carb including one of fiber.

3 Likes

VERY FLAT and nearly sweet as candy!

2 Likes

Ya @bob.carlson, that might work! Thanks!

1 Like

They look similar to the Thats It bars I found at Costco.

1 Like