Bidirectional symbol replaced arrow on Nightscout <=>

Hi - within the past day or two the nightscout arrow has been replaced by a weird bidirectional symbol that doesn’t change as the numbers go up/down. I tried to insert a picture below but it looks like this <=>. My daughter is in 1st grade and her teacher monitors her blood sugar from her laptop in the classroom and the arrow is really helpful for her to know how much and when to bolus. Have any of you seen this or know how to fix it? I updated the nightscout app this morning so it’s current (v14.2.4). My daughter uses the Dexcom G6 with t:slim X2 pump with Control-IQ. Any help is always appreciated!

2 Likes

Apparently more people are experiencing this problem with Dexcom sensors. I found a few posts on Reddit talking about this problem. Perhaps you’ve seen them already.
In any case, does anybody here have access to the Facebook group mentioned in this post? They seem to have a solution.

2 Likes

Thanks Boerenkool! I failed to mention in my original post that I do not have a facebook account so would definitely appreciate the fix translated in a different forum where facebook isn’t a necessity.

:grinning:

2 Likes

Are you by any chance outside the US?
If so, have you read this Reddit thread? They have a little more info:

2 Likes

It appears on the various threads that the issue started outside the US but it now affects US users. I’m based in California. It appears Dexcom changed how “arrows” were coded. One day they were 1, 2, 3…the next day “raising”, “dropping”, etc. It looks like Nightscout is fixed outside the US but it seems to still be persistent here or there is a fix but you have to be pretty technical to deploy the fix. I’ll continue to check the nightscout boards but as I said they’re very technical so ideally the fix is updated in the master or there are detailed instructions created for US based people.

1 Like

Liam’s Nightscout has also started doing that. Previously, we only saw those when his numbers were in flux so greatly that the CGM was “unsure” of the number/direction. But his BGs have only been showing this same arrow for the past two days or so with steady numbers so something’s up for sure.

1 Like

Someone on reddit just posted that this issue is resolved in the Dev branch and provided very simple to follow instructions to move out of the Master branch and into the Dev branch. I’m not sure how long until the fix will make it to the Master branch but we’ll be in Dev until it is since my daughter’s teacher relies so heavily on the arrows!

Here is link to the instructions if anyone else wants to see the arrow again:
https://nightscout.github.io/update/dev_branch/?fbclid=IwAR2hKwg_2anGOzzQp4SBTrTn9l60IfHInUcLwIDtlRd9qMNU5cWVoLWVMQA

2 Likes

Thank youm @JasminesDad ! I’m on master, too, and experience this odd symbol!

1 Like