Beta bionics I let pump

Good morning all, i am curious if anyone is on the ilet pump yet and there impressions of it, and any opinions of this product. It is now covered as a Pharmacy benefit under my Medicaid plan. I was ready to make the switch back to a tubed pump, but, yesterday i watched a really good video comparing 4 pumps, Medtronic’, T slim, omnipod 5 and the ilet. It was very informative and some shortcomings were discussed.
I can add link if anyone is interested, the Doctor interviewed basically favored the t-slim. Okay i went and got link.(https://youtu.be/SR0E5A6i_ss?si=cXStSzNbrAqT9ljq) , it’s a Diabetech video link.

4 Likes

Greetings, new here no photo or info posted yet. I was looking at the Beta Bionics pump but decided to wait. Every pump I have used I have had to suspend insulin at times & the Beta Bionics currently has no suspend feature. You have to disconnect. I will look for the review I read that helped me decide to wait & post a little later.

Cheers, Sobe

2 Likes

Yes that was a big problem, no activity mode either, so you have to just disconnect and remember/reconnect at the proper time. It was also designed as a “artificial pancreas” but of course it is only a insulin pump at this time so even beta bionics states you have to be mindfull of going low at which point you have to disconnect and or eat.

But i must add, if it will control highs as well as it claims i may try and deal with watching out for lows, after all the Dexcom will alert me when going low and can set alarm for where i want to be notified, and the lack of extended boluses may be problem for me, i have stomach issues and when my system decides to process the food i eat is a crap shot, so to say, and though its not insurmountable you can only log the three standard meals, i tend to do 4 meals, and there is no way to inter snacks except logging a small meal.

2 Likes

Yes the Beta is a little scary see this review about Bernard Farrell needing to have paramedic intervention:

Bernard Farrell review Beta Bonics Pump

Also got this announcement this morning which I feel is great progress about putting the brakes on with glucagon:

Xeris Agreement with Beta Bionics

Bernard Farrell also mention SugarPixel in his review which I have gotten one & found it to be a great help because of my hearing loss.

Hope this is helpful to all!

Cheers, Sobe

2 Likes

I have looked at the sugarpixel but like the Glowcose, have actuall been looking for this.
IMG_0365
But have not found info yet.

My vision is a bit dim but the photo looks a lot like my Sugarpixel:

Shows trends same as Dexcom

Finger push shows time

This has been great for me does not wake my wife when I check BG & time. Many other settings that are helpful.

Edit: Sorry to go off topic on your pump thread probably should have created a new thread :confounded:

2 Likes

What is this??? I have to look at my small phone during the night to see Liam’s BGs so something like this would be nice!

3 Likes

The Sugarpexil has been great for me. I think it would be a great device for Liam, My heart goes out to Liam & you. I was diagnosed at the age of 2. Great things are coming about :smiley:

4 Likes

It is similar to the sugarpixel, i went to there website to see if this is bigger version, but its not made by them it seams. Eventually i will find manufacturer.

I will certainly keep a look out for it & will let you know if I find it. Just to let you know I did make a thread for Sugarpixel & other alert devises.

1 Like

That’s cool, I have looked into them but lean more toward the glowcose light, don’t have to try and read something from across the room. This one I am looking for is much bigger.

It’s all good. I do like the glowcose light but for me I want to see my BG tending & all. My vision is not getting any better so that may come into play later. I did play with the Pixel display & was able to make the numbers pretty large. I could see it easy from the other side of the room 25 ft away. Probably could see from further. Hope this helps.

Cheers :smiley:

2 Likes

Check out glowclose, it is a light, I wear glasses and at night time can see from anywhere in room, can install others ie one in living room one in bedroom cans put in every room if you wish

1 Like