Auto Mode - Worse than Manual Mode

I been on auto mode for the last week. My Blood Sugars before auto mode averaged between 80 - 140. Once I switch to auto mode my blood sugars are now averaging between 130 - 220. It appears auto mode is broken and does not give me the proper basil settings according to my blood glucose.

Is anyone else having =this issue?

Mike

2 Likes

Hi. :blush:

I am a fellow 670G-wearer… and auto mode-skeptic. You’re only a week into auto mode, so I really don’t want to influence your opinion of it before you’ve had the chance to see what it will do for you, but I’m here if you’d like to talk. I will do my very BEST to let you lead the conversation. :smiley:

Welcome to FUD!

Nicky can help you out here.

1 Like

Other people have had similar results. My understanding is the system needs more time to adjust to you. My completely uneducated guess from seeing your pre-average mode numbers is that you may eventually decide that auto mode isn’t for you. But you should really give it a chance first.

As Eric said, Nicky knows a lot.

2 Likes

I was speaking with my endocrinologist yesterday and she said that automode has a fatal flaw, which is that it will kick you out of automode for any tiny slight, and often that means it kicks you out just as you’re going high. She did not encourage us to quit using our homebrew openAPS closed loop.

2 Likes

Haven’t experienced much in the way of being kicked out of auto, but will add my two cents of experiencing several times of auto not delivering insulin because my BG fell / falls below the 120 threshold - then experiencing a significant rise a few hours later. Don’t know how I’d feel about being thrown out of auto on top of that

1 Like

I’ve also never experienced that particular fatal flaw. All the rest of them, with the lack of insulin delivery and all of that, yes, I’ve had a run-in or two. :grin:

1 Like