Anyone use a G6 receiver not app with omnipod 5? the workaround? Need help

So, I haven’t read through all of the replies here so I apologize in advance if I am repeating something that has already been said.

I use the Dexcom sensor with the Omnipod 6 and only my Iphone as the receiver. 9 out of 10 times, when I change my sensor it says it cannot find my Omnipod and vice versa. Here is what I do to get them to connect without replacing either one. First I try deleting the serial number of the Dexcom transmitter and re-entering it. Very often that works. If it doesn’t I “restart” the Omnipod PDM, wait a moment, then turn it on again. This works often as well. If neither of these work, I go to the “Power Off” option on the Omnipod PDM and see if that works. The last time this happened, NONE of these worked and the rep at Omnipod told me it was because my sensor was being worn at the BACK of my arm, while my pod was on the FRONT of my abdomen - both on the same side, mind you! This was ridiculous to me, since I had been using that combination of sites for months with no problems. My brilliant husband told me to line up my arm where my sensor was with my abdomen where my pod was. I held it like that (not a very natural position) for about one minute and wouldn’t you know - they synced up and stayed that way for the rest of the cycle. I hope this is of some help. I whole-heartedly agree that we did not receive in-depth training on any of this and I feel that after 6 months or so of wearing this system I am still in the dark as to what to do if something out of the ordinary happens. If only the powers that be at Omnipod and Dexcom would monitor these sights they would clean up their act!

3 Likes