Another great headline:"As ice melts, Greenland could become big sand exporter"

Never mind that the Greenland icesheet melt would put New York, London, Shanghai, Boston and San Francisco under water (1)…

Out of all places, this headline comes from the “Sustainable Business” section of Reuters—the irony :slight_smile:

(1) This PRI article shows 23ft sea water rise from Greenland icesheet

4 Likes

that’s burying the lede in a ton of sand, haha

2 Likes

I had a good laugh when I read that :slight_smile:

Great, I see some more opportunities. All those cities will need Dutch hydraulic engineers to build protective barriers, that will give a nice boost to our economy :wink:

3 Likes

If Greenland succeeds in getting access to all that sand, these Dutch hydraulic engineers will already be quite busy adding 23ft to the height of all your polder dams :slight_smile:

Maybe you can use some of the sand to make dam concrete with it? It could be another “rare positive spinoff from global warming” as the article calls it :wink:

1 Like

Well, I guess then we’ll be the one small village of indomitable Gauls holding out against the rising sea levels.

1 Like

Oh, you got me good there, Boerenkoolix :slight_smile:

1 Like

One day our coastline will be the highest mountain in the country :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Maybe I should send our bard over to sing in honor of those Dutch engineers?

1 Like

:rofl: May I politely decline the destruction of those engineers’ hard work? I suggest you send him to our esteemed southern neighbors. That will save him some traveling and will give them finally something to unite around. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I loved the whole response but couldn’t resist a huge laugh on this part :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess the French like making fun of Belgians too :smiley:

1 Like

I would NEVER do that!

But, in fact, I’d rather make fun of the French :slight_smile: And I may because I am a froggie myself :smile:

1 Like

Isn’t that because the French can’t stand anyone else, so all they have left is to make fun of themselves? /s

3 Likes

You saw through me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ils sont fous, ces Français?

1 Like