After 33 yrs with Type 1 I think I must be cured because I use so little insulin

My statement is correct.

I said insulin was not required by it for glucose uptake.

There are some tissues that have secondary glucose transports. But the liver does not need insulin for glucose uptake.

1 Like

I suspect it is.

Please elaborate. I’m hoping you can either give us medically-proven facts, or clarify that you just have a story that makes logical sense and so you are prepared to believe it without actually knowing whether it is true or not.

1 Like

So much anger.

Hi there! You’re just like I am. I’ve been T1D for the past 51 years and only take about 8-10 units of Fiasp per day. It’s so strange to need such small amounts of insulin. But it still does go high when when something pushes my blood sugar high. It’s so touch some times - I hope you’re doing just great!

2 Likes

It’s so tough is what I meant to write!!!

If you want, you can change what you wrote after it’s posted by clicking the little pencil symbol at the bottom of your posting. (It’s between the chain link and the triple-dots.)

4 Likes

Don’t think I have the little pencil that can be used to edit. Oh well! But thanks for the tip, appreciated.

But now there’s a little pencil there! Go figure! :slightly_smiling_face:

The pencil only shows up if you are already logged in to fudiabetes.com, so if you are reading before you have logged in, no pencil.

3 Likes

Everyone on this site is so helpful. Thanks @bkh :slightly_smiling_face:!

1 Like