Afrezza direct

I found this announcement and thinking of signing up. I have been getting Afrezza with discount card, no insurance, from Costco. But price has been rising.

This looks like a constant $120 (or $199) per box for 1year.

https://www.oindpnews.com/2019/01/mannkind-announces-low-cost-direct-purchase-program-for-afrezza-inhaled-insulin/

More info

Additional program information is available online at www.insulinsavings.com. Patients who would like to enroll should click the “Register Now” button and follow the instructions.

There is a different savings program if you have insurance that covers Afrezza.

5 Likes

What does a box consist of? Like in terms of vials or units or days?

1 Like

By participating in this Offer, you acknowledge and represent that you will not seek or accept reimbursement for purchases made under this program from any insurance program or third party reimbursement provider.

For the first 1,000 registrants under this initial Direct Purchase Program Offer, prices are guaranteed for 12 months from time of first fill.

• $120 for a single 90 count box of 4, 8 or 12 Unit Afrezza Cartridges or $199 for any 180 count Afrezza combination box of 4, 8, and/or 12 Units.

Maximum quantity of 3 packs per month, per patient.

This offer is only available during the month of January

2 Likes

Seems like that would go faster than a vial, right?

I have not done enough Afrezza to be able to compare amounts.

1 Like

Depending on choice, yes. I have used 4 unit. The $199 180 count pkg might be more breakeven or cheaper.

My last Costco was $170, with discount, for 90 (not 120) 4unit cartridges.

2 Likes

They’re different combinations of dose cartridges, plus a few inhalers in each box

I also saw the first commercial on tv for afrezza that I’ve ever seen, just yesterday… so it appears they’re actually making a marketing push… which I’m glad to see

3 Likes