Winter in WI: my upcoming task for the next 3.5 hours

I have found that it is easier to get teenagers to come out and help shovel when the internet just happens to have an outage when the driveway is ready to be shoveled.

7 Likes

It is not hard to make this situation happen here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice. I rarely bother to shovel since here in CO it melts pretty quick. Iā€™ve only gotten my car stuck in my own driveway once in 5 yearsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m another hand shoveler (is that a word?) up here in Boston. I figure it is good exercise, so on snow days I do that instead of using my rowing machine. I own a snowblower which would need small engine repair if I were to use it, but agree that it just puts out unnecessary pollution, so I do it by hand every year. This worked fine until three winters ago, when we had a record 110" of snow. It seemed like I had another foot to shovel every week or so. My rowing machine didnā€™t get much use that winterā€¦

1 Like

I get the impression that in other places even where it snows an appreciable amount, it must be in very different patterns than what Iā€™m used toā€¦

1 Like

You must get 10x the amount of snow we get :slight_smile:

3.5ā€ isnā€™t remarkable here or shoveling your driveway only weeklyā€¦ 3.5 feet in a night is not uncommon or having to stay up all night snow blowing to not get buried is more the norm. Not much snow so far this year though

1 Like

I just shoveled off Christmas brunch with friends. :smiley_cat: :champagne:

1 Like

Ohhhh, @CatLady! As the French say, you are twirling the knife inside the wound :slight_smile:

ā€œRemuer le couteau dans la plaie.ā€

2 Likes

Well, almost 18" of snow over the last three days: keeping my darn driveway clear is keeping me plenty busy!

2 Likes

Darn, all we got was freezing rain. Snow is so much more fun.

2 Likes

Yeah my parents just got 10". Have fun with that!

We got about 4" yesterday but I didnā€™t shovel since it will melt in a day or two.

1 Like

Sounds like you need a blower

1 Like

I do fine with my Wovel, thank you!

Https://Wovel.com

1 Like