When you forget that You’re the diabetic

I hugged my husband the other day and accidentally collided with his phone in his pocket kind of hard. I thought, “Oh my gosh…his pod!”

…and then I remembered that I’m the podder in the family…

Wow. :grimacing:

17 Likes

So… He was just happy to see you?

:smiley:

9 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

isnt this wonderful!!! when i am swimming, i am not diabetic. its one of the most freeing life experiences i have had. :blush:

5 Likes

i see hiow many “likes” there are to this topic/thread, but why are people not respomding? this is an amazing topic. certainly we’ve all had at least one of these moments!!! why not share about it. its AbFab.
:sunny:

1 Like

I often forget I’m a diabetic. It’s probably why I can’t get my A1c under 7. :laughing: :thinking:

10 Likes

I never forget that I am diabetic. But it doesn’t rule my life. Like, do you ever forget to breathe?

It’s like when I want to have a hot fudge sundae. I know I better take some extra insulin before I do, and watch my Bg closely for a few hours. But I still have the sundae.

7 Likes

mmmmm…doooonuttttsss…dooooonnnnuttttssss…donuts! :doughnut:

2 Likes

I think the only time I’ve forgotten I was a diabetic is when I’ve had one too many glasses of wine :grin:

5 Likes

I think of my life and T1D lifestyle as normal; it’s everyone else who is unusual :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes