When Diabetics Go All Unlimited!

So I am a proud papa today! My diabetic son got his PSAT score the day after taking the SAT, and I can say we are excited. My son got one wrong on the PSAT which gave him a 1500/1520 and followed that up with a 1560/1600 on the SAT. We are just waiting on his writing portion to complete the trifecta. If that isn’t unlimited, I don’t know what is.

Being diabetic is certainly a small part of our everyday life, but as time marches on, Cody seems to make diabetes fade into the background, and keeps taking on life (Job, School, Hobbies, Friends) with aplomb. As a parent, my role continues to dwindle on the diabetes management front but I keep getting more proof that my son is up to the challenge of maintaining his A1c (could be improved), while having what it takes to succeed when he leaves to tackle college and beyond!

Exciting times in our household.

24 Likes

Dang!

Congrats Chris! Way to go Cody! That is amazing!
:star_struck:

4 Likes

Absolutely awesome! Congratulations.

4 Likes

Awesome !!!

Does he have a particular Major he is considering for college it is he still considering all the options ?

3 Likes

He is thinking applied math with a business minor, unless he ends up going some place that they offer financial engineering, computational finance, or any of the other myriad names this somewhat unusual major is called. For now he just has 1.5 years of high school to go and rack up as many AP’s as he feels up to. We thankfully go to a school with 45 different AP classes, so his options aren’t limited there either.

8 Likes

Congratulations! Major accomplishement!!

4 Likes

What an accomplishment, on all fronts!!

Congrats to Cody and you too Chris!

4 Likes

That is amazing, @chris. :hugs: It’s almost as amazing as this :point_down::point_down::point_down:

8 Likes

And don’t forget his aplomb behind the plate! Catchers are a special breed. T1 catchers are a gift from the Lord.

6 Likes

Congrats to Cody!!!

I majored in math as well - though I emphasized in statistics. Lots of opportunities for math majors!! I’m so happy for him :smiley:

4 Likes

Congratulations to Cody and to his proud parents!! I can only guess that some of Cody’s abdolutely, amazing achievements could only be possible from the effort and upbringing brought about by his, own amazing family!!!

3 Likes

BIGGEST congratulations to Cody and to your family! This is truly amazing and UNLIMITED. I can’t wait to hear where this accomplishment (just the start of many) takes him! WONDERFUL! -Jessica

3 Likes