What should i name my insulin pump?

i like naming my insulin pumps because it gives it some character and some fun with it. i had a few friends give me a few suggestions. so i figured i bring it over here to see what you guys think would be nice. so far one of them is winning according to the poll i did on facebook. here they are!

1. Bruins (hockey team where i am)
  2. jet
  3. bruiser
  4. Panko because i have the insulin pump acting like a pancreas.

if this goes somewhere else let me know. i figured i asked as im having trouble deciding which one to use. thanks!

3 Likes

I vote for #4. Whatever you do, don’t name it “Brad” (Liberty Mutual ad reference).

3 Likes

Liam’s CGM is “Bob” (when we first started out of was placed on his belly and his full name was “Bob the belly buddy”. His pump is named Fred (no reason)

4 Likes

LOL! awww how cute :). sounds like he picked a good name that suits for him :slight_smile:

i dont like to name it a name. i like to use references or stuff like that :slight_smile: an will note #4

2 Likes

It’s too bad you already have the options for names selected.

I think it would be cool to name it after legendary American jazz pianist, organist, and bandleader - Count Basie.

You could call it, Count Basal.
:grinning:

5 Likes

i wanted 4 suggestions and that is what my friends gave me :)…except for the first one. i thought of bruins because the color of the hockey team is black and yellow.

You could name both your pump and CGM.

Basal & Oregano

2 Likes

Or “Basil” (for ‘Basal’) and “Thyme” (for ‘time’ since the CGM extends lives). lol

3 Likes

when i think of basil i think of fawlty towers lol…the CGM will be the dexcom and i never named my CGM before as my current is part of the pump. and i in the past never named the CGM that i had. so i gotta think about that too :slight_smile:

1 Like

i never thought to name the CGM. ill have to think about that one…hrm…its something to think about and now im hungry lol

2 Likes

Lot’s of great duos.

Laurel and Hardy
Abbott and Costello
Fred and Barney
Batman and Robin
Bert and Ernie
Spongebob and Patrick
Tom and Jerry
Han and Chewie

and my favorite…

Calvin and Hobbes

3 Likes

My FAVORITE!!! My kids just kind of look at these like…meh, but omg, when I was a kid…these two guys gave me endless hours of laughter.

2 Likes

I just call it all my “cyborg” gear! :robot:

3 Likes

i wouldnt do spongebob lol…i dont even like spongebob. who is abbott and costello? are they the ones that did whose on first? i dont know who laurel and hardy are. barney is a no no.

1 Like

Yes, they’re the ones who did the who’s on first skit.

Refresher:

2 Likes

ive always found that skit to be funny. when i ran a sports discussion group at the day program i went to for my mental illness i played this skit :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Eric your list made me laugh at first but kept getting funnier!

I like Bert and Ernie!

But I also thought Basil and Thyme was hilarious too, @ClaudnDaye

I hope you love the new Dex and pump @amymc! Whatever you decide to name them. :smile:

1 Like

Don’t forget about Siegfried and Roy

1 Like

i like eric’s list too lol…it seems he has creative names lol. the list gives me more to think about lol…it seems panko is winning amoungst the polls ive done lol

2 Likes