What should I consume after exercise?

basal will eventually bring my BGs down. IIts rare for me to be high when I start exercise (my last two years A1C average since I started Afrezza+Tresiba is 5.6, with +85% in range) . But when it happens, I know that Tresiba will eventually bring the BG down. I have started running or biking session with 200 (again, very rare because with afrezza is very easy to control my BGs), usually before the hour mark the BG is below 160 or so.

I don’t like to use injected rapid because of the IOB issues. With injected there was always the unexpected, you do everything right and then something happens. With Afrezza, because its fast in/out as you know, its rare for me to get surprised and have one of those “I did everything right and what is this mother f**** BG doing there” moments.

Its really hard to control when combined with the rest of my life. And I have tried it. For 26 years. And mostly worked (A1C1 <7). But with A LOT of effort. A LOT. With Afrezza I have a level of control with so little effort compared to injected, that I am good.

Cheers!

1 Like