What are your preferred Dexcom alarm sounds?

I just selected a new alert sound for my Dexcom “fall rate” alert. The default fall rate alert stresses me out no matter what bg I’m actually at…and it makes me want to immediately down 5 juice boxes. I just simultaneously got a High Alert and Fall Rate Alert at the same time. That’s a noisy mess filled with confusion.

So I’ve selected the Sonar Horn instead. It’s the right pitch that I’ll probably still hear it easily in lots of different situations, but it makes me think of The Hunt for Red October instead. And thinking of a serious Sean Connery is always preferred to my other reaction.

What alert sounds do you prefer or dislike?

1 Like

@T1Allison I use the “siren” for a low as it gets other people’s attention. I don’t always hear it and someone usually asks what the siren is because it’s annoying and unexpected . Saved me more than once.

1 Like

An old thread with a fun take on this topic:
what-would-your-custom-dexcom-alerts-be

Of all of them, this is still my favorite:

2 Likes

I recommend not watching the current Inspector Gadget cartoons. Their sound effects sound exactly like Dexcom rise and fall alerts. Such a pain in the neck when my kids have them on non-stop.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t even hear the alarms on the receiver. I usually only hear the vibrating (in a metal bowl with change.) During the day, I use my iPhone G5 Mobile app alarms and I like them all.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried to change the sounds successfully. I almost always, like 98% of the time, have my phone on silent. Regular alarms ring thru, but not the Dex alarms. And the one that does make noise sounds like screeching and breaking glass. It’s awful. I believe it was called low beeps or something. :frowning:

Guess I should work on that!!! :wink:

2 Likes