What would your custom Dexcom alerts be?

If you could make your own Dexcom alerts, what would you choose?

For my regular low alert, I’d start with Low Rider:

2 Likes

And for my urgent low alert, I’d have to go with Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me.

3 Likes

For the double arrows down, Tom Petty’s Free Fallin’

3 Likes

I am changing my custom low alert to this:

2 Likes

Mine would be that once I acknowledge the alert it would stay silent for 2 hours for highs and 45 minutes for lows.

2 Likes

You can do that.,
All except for urgent low which will always come back at least every 30 minutes after the first acknowledgement. But regular high and low repeats can be set.

For high alerts, on phone, it’s Alerts > High > Repeat, and pick minutes.

On receiver, it’s Alerts > Advanced > High Repeat.

Same for low alerts. The only one you can’t change is urgent low.

If you change it there and are hearing it more than once, it’s because it’s crossing back over the threshold and it will alert again, even before the repeat time is reached.

Am I not understanding your comment?

“Bow wow wow I want candy” - this was truly a horrendous song :slight_smile:

My wish is that there was an “urgent high” alert just like there is an urgent low alert. There are times I go high, correct, and then go about my business. At times I’ve checked back an hour or two later to find I’ve skyrocketed! It would be nice to be able to set an “urgent high” alert at a level above the regular high alert to let you know that you’re really high.

2 Likes

Ok, we can change it to this!

2 Likes

Alright, the Candy Man can! I hadn’t heard this one in, oh, 30 years or so!

Ok here is my low alert:

Low Rider, by Stoned Monkeys

3 Likes

And, of course, this is my high alert:

Riding High, by Faze-O

2 Likes

And my urgent low alert is:

Lower Than Low, by Sunshine

Although I like this Lower Than Low song better:

Yes, this! I’ve wondered why this isn’t at least an optional feature. I want both a “hey you’re getting up there, maybe want to do something about it?” alert and an “OMG INSULIN NOWWW” alert.

3 Likes

You understand perfectly. We often have highs that seem to ride around the threshold at night, and so they go off every 15 minutes for over an hour until the insulin kicks in. What I would like, is for an Alert (other than urgent low) to only be able to be triggered only once every 2 hours, regardless of recrossing a threshold. Then we could get some more sleep.

3 Likes

Yeah the threshold is a problem.

How about after you treat, changing the alert level up or down so it doesn’t hover right around that particular number?

1 Like

While that is a reasonable technology solution it somehow doesn’t happen in the middle of the night “haze”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, if you are going to have a repeated low alert…it might as well be the Rolling Stones!

1 Like

I really love that song, but I am a person who really only hears the music and maybe the hook lyrics. My son’s got excited to play brown sugar with their band, until we read the lyrics. It then became an instrumental only version. No 14 year old should sing the lyrics on a stage.

2 Likes

That’s true. And as a counter-argument…I am not sure how comfortable I am with a 74 year-old singing it either!

4 Likes