What would your custom Dexcom alerts be?

For the up arrow even after I’ve done two corrections …

2 Likes

For an arrow heading down into a potentially dangerous territory, I’d use the very beginning of Aerosmith’s “Love in an Elevator”…have it changed up a bit so that it says,

“Oh, good morning Mr. Martin…going …down??”

2 Likes

I’ve never been a Rolling Stones fan…I never got it.

I think it would be nice to get an alert when we are in between the lines for extended period. Like an attaboy !! Definitely need a happy tone for that. Except not during the night.

3 Likes

I’m out eating dinner and dropping a bit low when i read this post Eric. I almost choked I was laughing so hard. :+1:

2 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

LOVE THIS THREAD!

with xdrip you can have custom alerts so I may take some of your suggestions…

2 Likes

Here is another custom low alert. When I watched the lip-synching in the video, it made me think the entire New Edition band had low blood sugar.

Worst…lip-synch…ever…

1 Like

Given the power of suggestion, I might find this one a useful low alert:

2 Likes

Yeah - I have been doing that. Basically getting out of the mindset that the alarms are like pump parameters that you need to be careful with and more like alarm clock settings that you change on a whim when you are waiting on something. So far seems to work much better with changing the alarms frequently based on what is going on and what time it is and such.

1 Like

I like that idea. You can’t help but get a lollipop after listening to them say it so many times!

My sensor fell off last night, and had to put a new one on at 11:30 pm. So I didn’t get to calibrate it until 1:30 am, and I had to stay up waiting until I could calibrate.

This would be good for the sensor “warm-up” period.

2 Likes