Welcome, introduce yourself here!

Hi Latana, welcome!

We were on MDI for a long time and it worked well for us! We are on the pump right now, but have considered many times going to Tresiba + Afrezza. Hopefully the combo is working well for you!

1 Like

Actually 31

:rofl:

I love math, but itā€™s like my brain stops me when calculating age thingsā€¦ thank goodness.

3 Likes

Chris welcomed me back in the summertime. Thx! I donā€™t remember if I responded then, so:

• iā€™m in Philly for past 40 years, a male;
  • was a hospital architect;
  • tossed all that & turned to just zero-carbon sustainable green design since 1992;
  • T1D in 1963 as a teenager ā€“ no history of Type 1 (or even Type 2!!) in my bloodline, and none (so far!) in my offspring;
  • using Medtronic pump systems since about 1998 or so, using 670G since Dec. 2017 w Guardian 3 sensors when its behavior doesnā€™t aggravate me more than frequent + unaware low BGs do (when I am NOT using the sensor-Auto Mode).

P.S. Iā€™m not apt to be a regular here ā€“ life just seems more overwhelming or something to do all the thing I want to do.

11 Likes

@WJm, so glad you found us! Welcome to FUD!

Glad you took the time to check in. Your long history with T1 has undoubtedly given you many insights which would benefit our discussion, but we all understand about having enough time. Hope the Eagles turn things around for you.

2 Likes

@WJm! Hello! :hugs:

Sorry to hear about your Eagles condition. I honestly didnā€™t know. :cry:

1 Like

Bill Marstonā€™s straight-six iPhone
wm@V

3 Likes

or is it? Somebody has to be the neighborhood cat ladyā€¦lol

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:

@fortyonesthemike if you ever run dangerously low on Humalog I always have extra vials. Iā€™ve got 6 extra in my fridge right now and another 9 on the way. Thankfully my wifeā€™s insurance is great and I hit my max out of pocket for Scripts in July so all refills since have been no charge.

If you decide to try Dexcom I canā€™t help with G6 but I do have a stock pile of G5 sensors and you can find transmitters fairly affordable. I have a T1 friend in Canada who actually replaces batteries in expired transmitters and gets 4 to 5 months out of them.

There are a lot of resources you can tap, donā€™t be afraid to ask.

4 Likes

Greetings,

Long time doser, first time poster :-). Working on year 38 of being Type 1. No complications (fingers crossed) and have been a pump user for about 6 years and a CGM off and on for about 3 years. I came here to learn what I can and to vent occasionally (think United Healthcare and also my endo).

11 Likes

Greetings! :grin:

Welcome @kspann, that is a lot of years of dosing! Glad you donā€™t have complications, and I am sure you have plenty of good learningā€™s to share in additional to your need to vent. God knows we all need to vent sometimes, and your list of suspects is often, but no always the cause.

Glad to have you here.

3 Likes

We have some of the same venting causes! But I really look forward to learning from your years of experience as well. Wonderful to read of your lack of complications!

1 Like

The only ā€˜majorā€™ complication is that I had diabetic retinopathy in my left eye, but it was treated and is now non-existant. I also had what I feel was a MAJOR issue (cause it was a painful treatment) but is quite common in longterm T1Ds. That was trigger finger in three fingers. Good golly that was not a fun Dr. visit. :grimacing::angry:

3 Likes

Greetings @kspann and welcome to FUD. Weā€™re all pretty harmless, maybe not to ourselves but certainly to other members :wink:

With 38 successful years Iā€™m in sure youā€™ve got some wisdom.

2 Likes

Welcome @kspann. I have a trigger finger also and just got a cortisone shot in my hand last week (this was the 2nd one). What kind of treatment did you have and do you still have your trigger fingers?

1 Like

Welcome, @kspann!

1 Like