Welcome, introduce yourself here!

Hello! I’m trying to get the hang of this site. I typed some sort of introduction when I first signed up but I’m not sure where it is now.

Anyway, my name is Spicey (for reals). I am an art teacher in a k-8 public school. I am 40, married to a type 1 husband and have two kids, daughter is 20, non diabetic, and my son is 9, also type 1. My daughter is in college so it’s us three type 1’s at home. You would think we are experts but I feel I struggle emotionally the most. I get very frustrated with my own blood sugars and my son’s fluctuations. My husband seems to take it more in stride and stays more positive. I cook ALOT and have virtually cut out all processed foods and white sugar in my own diet and greatly in my family’s diet. My A1C has not been great in the past, despite my daily workouts, staying active, and eating healthy. Frankly, I just get scared about the future and my health, but all we can do is just press on right and keep trying. Thank you for accepting me into this group. I look forward to anything I can learn or help teach about life with type 1.

9 Likes