Unexpectedly Robust Discussion of Bidets and Toilet Construction

@T1Allison and @Sam, always moving the conversation to the next level…

6 Likes

You a$$hole! I laughed so hard I’m crying

1 Like

When I encountered the Panasonic device in Japan I had a bad case of hemorrhoids, unrelated to the toilet because out of some curious Western fear I hand not yet dared press any of the buttons.

Relief from hemorrhoids is a pleasure that I would never refuse.

1 Like

Oh it’s not just for me… this is definitely going in the guest bathroom. What kind of host would I be to expect my visitors to have dirty butts

2 Likes

They’ll never want to leave the bathroom now

1 Like

Well, there is an easy answer to that. My wife, who is what might be termed a “clean freak” spends much time in the bathroom because I fail to clean the pot adequately. She is correct; I am learning and she spends less time there as a result.

She is also much faster in-and-out them I am when we simultaneously visit public restrooms. Indeed, she is much faster than me in the forest, the biggest and single most available restroom of all (ask the pope).

1 Like

Gosh, it’s spreading. Even my penny-pinching Scottish downstairs neighbours are installing a bidet.

I think bidets are great and I’m glad to see them finally taking off in North America. Yet another upside to this generally gloomy situation. (But what will aliens think? On the verge of global extinction, the species hoarded toilet paper and installed bidets.)

I had a bidet in my attic apartment in Rome nearly 40 years ago. But the apartment didn’t have hot running water. (So why a bidet? Italy in a nutshell.) Being young and Canadian, at first I thought it was for washing your feet, until a female co-worker enlightened me. That icy squirt sure perked me up every morning – who needed espresso?

8 Likes

Would it be fair to say that they’re looking for love in all the wrong places?

Sad but thought of this FUD thread when I saw this on a Facebook post. :nerd_face:

4 Likes
1 Like

The year is 2021, a survivor walks across a sea of corpses covering the United States and notices something spectacular…

Their asses… spotless…all of them.

4 Likes

Very sophisticated, definitely one up on @T1Allison’s hose pipe.

There is also the simple solution of the plastic bowl with warm water (or cold, if you are weird); this is pretty much the traditional bidet, at least after you put in to top of a couple of concrete blocks, as explained by wikipedia.

That version of the Bidet should also pass US plumbing regulations, though despite the fact that the wikipedia page includes an elegant picture of a bidet in use dated from around the time of our revolution even my horribly revolutionary state of Oregon has curious rules with regard to Bidets and, for that matter, the back end of human waste in general.

Which is why you install it yourself and remove it before you put the place on the market.

3 Likes

The easiest, least expensive bidet is a simple spray bottle of water.

2 Likes

Well I can attest that the reviews are correct. There is no going back to TP. I almost don’t even want to be friends with anyone who doesn’t have one now.

Had a slight hiccup with the install in that the toilet fill line would not seal well again after I removed it so I had to order a new one because I’m not leaving the house except to get wine and tacos. It was only $4 probably $2.99 in a hardware store

4 Likes

@Sam, If you spray off, what do you dry with? Not TP?

I’m afraid to ask but I’m also super bored, so I’m risking this question…

3 Likes

Well it’s an open debate if any drying is necessary. This was actually a major concern of mine… I assumed thered be water all over everything… but that’s not really how it works out. A quick blot with a small amount of tp without any real “wiping” seems to really be adequate and feels far cleaner than TP ever did

2 Likes

Huh.

1 Like

I’m having a crappy morning and this thread made me chuckle with every post. Thank you guys so much.

I have experienced the bidets around the world - and someone didn’t yet mention the Indian bidet which is a bucket and a cup or a cup with a handle if you’re lucky.

All of the non-actual bidets leave me with wet pants. I don’t prefer that. I like the idea of dry. And the one I saw in Tokyo did have the air dry feature, but the Toto Washlet costs more and probably needs power and warm water.

Seems like it’d be worth considering! Although @T1Allison your cold hose idea cracked me up. How do you turn it on? Do you just leave it? Why doesn’t anyone use the water bottle or pitcher with warm water here I wonder?

5 Likes

Up and running with new fill line. It is all I had hoped for. Warm water would be nice but it’s really not bad. I think after I fully embrace the lifestyle I’ll spring for a nicer one with a built in heater and massage functions and warm air drying. I can really picture this becoming quite a hobby

4 Likes

5 Likes