Tslim Malfunction

Yes, you need to select the type of report you want. If you select Injury or Death you will see thousands a month just like Cindy’s.

No, they don’t have to report all events. These are just the ones that bothered to report.

If you care about your health, that is. Some posters here have other interests.

Nobody here has any commercial interest at all. The insinuation you made is ugly and non-nonsensical to the group of us here that post. Their are only a few company reps here, and none are from the pump companies. This is truly a bunch of diabetics trying to improve the information flow about diabetes. If you don’t understand how the Maude database works, I am sorry, but you are taking raw unprocessed information and trying to reach a conclusion. This is totally wrong. Any company that manufacturers Class 2 medical devices is going to be required to report everything they are aware of. Additionally, many (most?) medical institutions also report their problems. Then when analyzed the data can tell the FDA if there are an unusual number of problems. Here is one of your death reports for Tandem.

The patient likely did a number of tubing fills contributing to their death. Is this a device malfunction? No.

2 Likes

I missed this thread in its previous incarnations. Thanks for reviving it.

@cindy that sounds like a really bad situation and a scary problem. One thing we’ve found here over time is that truly everyone’s version of diabetes is different, although with a lot of overlap. (Shout out to @daisymae for pointing out the bad effects that malt can have on blood sugar (like in bagels or pretzels).

I’m on the Dexcom / Tandem setup and am a big fan of it - although of course there are lots of things that I wish were different.

Just to echo @psfud123 and also wondering if, now more than a year later, you have any update?

3 Likes