Things we've learned

My wife got an annoying Christmas card from her sister. It was a gag gift. Once you open the card it starts playing some annoying jingle and it does not stop until the battery wears out. Even if you close the card, no matter what you do.

It’s designed to play for hours. :man_facepalming:

My wife asked me if I could make it stop. Yes, I could’ve smashed it. And that would’ve been fun. But I had a more elegant solution.

I put it in the freezer, and it stopped within a few minutes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think that was a suggestion somebody had provided here for silencing a screaming pod. :+1:

12 Likes

I have learned how to re-use the Dexcom G6 sensor to get an extra 5 or 6 days out of it. Thanks to everyone for that tip.

5 Likes

Thanks to @CatLady, I learned on FUD about Levemir being discontinued.

I’m glad I found out, because I am stocking up now.

6 Likes

I’ve learned from @daisymae to do 2 calibrations back to back for Dexcom G6 to accept the correct BG from a fingerstick.

I also learned from @JessicaD to try my upper back arm for the G6 after multiple failures using my abdomen (where G5 worked without issues).

And of course, I learned so much from @Eric, just take your pick of the FUD threads, but especially exercise related tips!

6 Likes

Absolutely! And also props to @daisymae on the calibrations. I just did that the other day…

2 Likes

I would add… If a greater difference exists, you can enter first calibration at halfway split, then second one that matches meter BG.

5 Likes

Thanks to @bostrav59 I learned about the Erie canal bike ride, which is now on my bucket list.

3 Likes

Thanks to @daisymae, I learned about ordering delicious smoked salmon from https://www.barneygreengrass.com/ . :yum::yum::yum:

5 Likes

I learned from @Eric about the Bluejay watch for my son while he’s playing soccer, and just from reading everyone’s trials, tribulations, and triumphs, I’ve learned we’re not alone in this…Thank you FUD!

9 Likes

I’d like to call out another thing I’ve learned on FUD. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned on FUD how the Dexcom G6 2-hour warmup period was wreaking havoc with my BGs. It is definitely the worst day of my 10 day sensor wearing, @Eric mentioned that I could try @JessicaD’s tip by doing the sensor change at night before bedtime. I had been doing my sensor change around noon time, probably the worst time! Last night I did the sensor change at 11pm. I knew I had a potential to go low so prior to hitting the hay, I had a bit of grapefruit juice. I woke up early this morning right on the money with.BG of 80 mg/dl (4.4 mmol/l) and stable all morning. Thank you, Eric and Jessicaa, for this great tip. It seems to be a winner for me!!

8 Likes