The OmniPod's "reserve tank"

Just a quick buzz gets the green off…

1 Like

Here is another way of displaying the deadspace/primed/wasted insulin.

3 Likes

Sorry for opening up a super old thread, but I just wanted to share that I googled this topic (Omnipod low reservoir, or something) and this thread was the first google result! And was exactly what I needed. I was so excited to find my answer from a trusted source :blush:

I’m almost on empty and am hoping to make it until I get home in a couple hours (would rather not do a pod change at work if I can avoid it). Based on the info shared above, I should have no trouble!:+1:

4 Likes

Teenagers are the best are they not? They never keep you bored, that is for sure.

1 Like

So how did it work out for you?!

1 Like

Like a charm!

I knew I had a couple units, which was enough to get me by, barely. I had never run one so low though, so I was a little concerned it would just flake out on me - I guess I wasn’t sure if I should trust it once it showed “low” rather than a number. Was glad to read that not only would it not stop early, but I actually had a few spare units in there. I think I ran it to about 1 unit before I had to shut it off ahead of a run, so I couldn’t test it out any further.

2 Likes

I kept trying to google to find out if the Omnipod tells how many units are in the reservoir and found this thread. It is helpful. Thank you for the info with in it.
I wish the Omnipod would tell how many units it has instead of always saying “over 50 units” and then doing a count down below 50. But I will have to get used to it. Each pump has its things about it that a person likes and dislikes.

3 Likes

Glad you found one of our threads helpful and Welcome to FUD @AnodyneWindWalker!

1 Like

Oldie but goodie thread! I’d like to tag on a question, please. If you are on fumes and start a bolus of, say 5u, but the reservoir will be out of insulin after 3u, will the pump give that 3u and stop or give warning and not even start a bolus that couldn’t be entirely delivered?

2 Likes

Or will it give a full 5 units since there’s actually a little extra in the pod? That seems like a likely outcome from Eric’s experience early in this thread. The OmniPod's "reserve tank" - #9 by Eric

2 Likes

It will deliver whatever it has.

3 Likes