The night before exams... (a diabetic poem)

'Twas the night before exams, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The learnings were tucked in her brain with care,

In hopes that the weekend soon would be there;

The student was nestled all snug in her bed;

And visions of sugar-plums danced in her head;

Because her sugars had begun to roll down,

Thought she had calculated pizza - a clown!

When out on her nightstand there arose such a clatter,

She sprang from her bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the dexcom she flew like a flash,

Tore open the skittles and guzzled the stash.

The line on the graph rose and rose,

Yet the sleeping medical student continued to doze,

When what to her wondering eyes did appear,

But a hyperglycemia an hour before her alarm!!!

Then she overcorrected out of annoyance and dread of going to the bathroom 10 times during the exams and consequently went low right at the beginning of the first exam but then got her ■■■■ together for the rest of the exams!

Thank you for listening to me procrastinate my exams tomorrow :smiley:

11 Likes

Since you are going to be in the medical profession anyway, and you have committed so much of your life to becoming an MD, you should start to think outside of the box and really commit.

If you install a MDT Bladder Control Interstim, then you can have your high, and turn up your Interstim with the programmer, and have your cake and eat it to. That way you never have to worry about multiple voiding incidents during exams going forward, just crank up the Interstim. Plus you will be supporting the Medical Industrial Complex that you will soon be a part of. Win-Win!

PS, I am sure you did very well, but sending good thoughts your way in either case.

5 Likes

I read that to mean “wear a diaper like they did on Grey’s Anatomy.”

But then you took it in a much better direction.

5 Likes

Maybe, yes. Or maybe it actually makes you pee yourself and then blames you for it. :woman_shrugging:

I hope you’re killing it right now. :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Dude, you guys are so funny. Too funny. I loved the poem @LarissaW, but @Chris I’m trying to laugh with tears coming down my face and not wake Eric up and I might wet my own pants in the process. And then I finally understood @Nickyghaleb’s joke! Gah! So funny! :rofl::joy::laughing::crazy_face:

I’m glad you recovered and rallied Larissa!

3 Likes

It’s actually a sign of a very funny joke when it takes someone a long time to figure it out…

2 Likes

Aaaaw! Thanks! :crazy_face:

(If you were family I’d ask if you were mocking me. :face_with_monocle:)

2 Likes