The animas vibe cgm

so im on the medtronic 630G now. i dont have their CGM as it wouldve of been out of pocket. so i needed to figure out how to use a CGM while waiting for my G5. so if you are switched to the medtronic but still need a CGM here is how to do it while you wait. I took an empty reservoir and did it as if there is insulin in it, etc. i did the whole rewind etc. so that way the pump is acting as a pump but it isnt so you can use the CGM part while you wait for your new dexcom if you are on the G4 and waiting to be ont he G5 while on the medtronic pump :slight_smile:

i figured i pass that tip on in case you are up and running on the medtronic pump and still going to use dexcom but your on the animas pump. Its only for the next 6-8 days that ill need to be on it. it is a nice way to still know where your levels are, etc. i dont know why i didnt think about this when i was getting set up yesterday but i figured it out yesterday on my way home and didnt try it until this afternoon. so now the animas is acting as a pump even tho im on the medtronic.

:). there is always a way to do things. glad i have this so i dont have to worry all week where my levels are but wont have the pump scream at me that it isnt primed, etc. solution, empty cartridge :). have a nice day :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Amy.
Hope your pump works out for you and you like it. I know you miss your old pump, but maybe you can hang on to it and they won’t make you send it back. Wait until they threaten you and tell you that you have to send it back.
:grinning:

Did you ever come up with a name?

it is day three on it. so far i like how the bolus is. my sugar level was a bit high last night after dinner but overall its been good. im still getting use to it. it will take a bit for me to get use to it i think. i could do that with the pump. i can tell them i forgot to send it back lol. and no new name yet…i still have the poll going in the thread. im waiting until i get my new dexcom and get up and running with that one so i can see how i like it and get a feel of how it works then the name can fit perfectly. so go vote in the poll if you havent yet. you can pick more than one answer in it :smiley:

1 Like