The actual current amount of a temp basal

i figure, that if i am beginning to think like you, i am going in an open-minded direction, so long as i stay away from all of the “way-out-there” experimentations. i’ll wait for the experiments to be done and proven “safe” before i ,too, become a maverick diabetic secondary guinea pig.

but of course, i am always open to suggestions. ( as has been previously proven :wink: .)

1 Like

I have a suggestion for you. Have you looked in your mailbox lately?

remember, i’ve been home sick for almost 2 weeks now. i only walk a few places when i get out of bed: 1) the bathroom, 2) the kitchen :wink:

(yes, my husband does pick up our mail, but nothing has arrived for me….not yet anyway. should i be looking? )

i am still under-cover :wink: whats waiting in my mailbox? is it a chocolate bar?

I guess you just gotta wait…

cruel and unusual. withholding is not in your nature. come on, spit it out !!!

2 Likes

…so this thread inspired me to look for an app to calculate “Total IOB” - that is the IOB from Bolus + the IOB from basal.

I log everything faithfully into xdrip+, except temp basals because xdrip+ does not deal with basal insulin (only bolus).

So I installed AndriodAPS on my phone and have been using it in Open Loop for the last 12 hours. It is pretty cool because I can log all the temp basals and it comes up with an IOB that includes the temp basals. The basal IOB can be either negative or positive compared to the standard basal profile.

I can now look at my watch and see the Total IOB, the bolus IOB, and the temp basal IOB. FANTASTIC!

4 Likes

@Aaron, are you using xdrip+ to query the Dexcom, or only as a logging app?

this sounds so amazing, but not being “in the loop” so to speak, i have no idea of what you are talking about. (x-drips, AndroidAPS, Open Loop )

what are these things? and what do they do and what do they all mean? could you clarify for us slow starters, please?

thanks, DM

@Michel I use xdrip+ to talk to the Dexcom G5 and as a logging app for carbs/boluses.

@daisymae I will start a new thread to talk about those things - so you can be “in the loop” :laughing:

2 Likes

i will be looking out for this, b/c i am totally out of the loop and i am feeling like the fat kid with the braces and the eyeglasses in the play yard who always gets picked last to be on a team. like : what am i missing??? (am i living in a foreign country and dont know the language??? )

and PS: not only am i 100% better from my sickness, but for the past 2 weeks i have been depending on an elevated TB and today i am on a 90% TB. Why? you may ask?" who the heck knows. but suffice it to say: "i love having a temp basal available to me. it rocks"

2 Likes