The 22nd of June is my 2nd sensor setup

The adhesives on the sensors Chris sent me look and appear to be of better quality, and I switched abdomen sides. I was surprised to see my skin is well intact from the previous sensor, and is reacting to the air very well. No rash like that rando said I would get in comments on here lol. I will count my blessings on that.

1 Like

I sent you a couple of our older sensors, so the newer ones have a smaller injector and may have different adhesive.

2 Likes

Soak the old sensor liberally in rubbing alcohol (why waste the good stuff!). The alcohol will loosen\remove the glue. You can also do it in the shower if you use hot water.

4 Likes

Do you use Unisolve? I highly recommend it! We use the liquid version poured into a cotton ball, liberally applied on and all around the sensor and in 30 seconds to a minute or comes right off. Also gets rid off the remaining adhesive on the skin really well.

6 Likes

I think it mightā€™ve been due to the fact that it was faulty, so I only had it adhered for about 6 hours before I tried removing it. This time it was a lot easier (and less messy) to remove the sensor, as my body had healed under the sensor site and at 10 days later it didnā€™t look that bad.

3 Likes

I suggest rubbing it with fried chicken.

223f8a605e5c6686be98c060b935fb9a

4 Likes

Sure, because all that crisco will just make it slide right off. Gracefully. :bowing_woman:

4 Likes

If you decide to use @Eric 's suggestion, go with KFC (for obvious reasons, and weā€™re not talkin bout the seasoning)

4 Likes

@Necroplasm wait until you get a heavy bleeder. For me the best 10 days of sensor values (after it settles down), but a mess to clean up after

6 Likes

Yes Iā€™ve heard this! Bleeders are readers :laughing: :+1:

6 Likes

A new FUD diabetic tribute quote. I feel like @Eric may be able to make a song with this one.

5 Likes

Ya, it popped into my head as soon as I saw it.

5 Likes

How long ago have new sensors been shipping? Is size the main obvious difference?
Or is there a start mfg date?

4 Likes

I was wondering this, too! I havenā€™t noticed any difference in the G6 sensors in the 2 years Iā€™ve been using them. I guess I should be more observant!

4 Likes

They have been shipping for the last 3 refills to our house. The box is smaller and the injector is smaller. Have no idea if the adhesive changed.

5 Likes

The newer adhesives from my observation are a bit wider in thickness around the transmitter, and the material they are made out of appears softer in texture. That was my observation.

2 Likes