Tandem and g-5

I know some here are using the g-5, are any using with the t-silm X-2. I am wondering if the t-slim will do threshold suspends. Regular t-slim not with basal iq, i have medicade and it is my understanding I can’t get g-6 until later this year.

@T1john I am using the TSlim with G5. I’m not aware of any threshold suspends using the G5 at this time.

Unfortunately I think you will need to wait until the G6 is covered. Threshold suspends would be an awesome, although somewhat complicated feature. I could see us using this in addition to Basal-IQ

1 Like

@elver, @Chris thanks. That’s the one thing I like about my pump (mm 530g) but last four sensors have been ****. I think g-5 app. Will give low alarms?

1 Like

Yes the Dexcom app and receiver both will do alarms.

@T1john - We used the G5 integrated with the X2 for a short while.
There is no functionality with the integration that I would call truly useful.
You can see the cgm data on the X2 display. That is it.

A significant downside is the Bluetooth (BLE) communications between the G5 and the X2 are not good. The X2 frequently drops the signal. It was pretty bad.

The good side of that is Tandem and Dexcom did see and recognize the communication problem. Enhancements were made on both the Dexcom side with the G6 and the Tandem side with the Basal-IQ software update such that the communication between the G6 and the X2 (running the Basal-IQ update) is very solid.

In my opinion, it is not worth the aggravation to run the G5 integrated with the X2.

1 Like

Thank you, i fell that if I go ahead and get both when g-6 for Medicare tools out I will be in systeme and have then can down load to basal iq. Am also thinking of omnipod.

@Thomas Maybe you had a bad pump? My x2 almost never drops the signal, even when I am lying on it.

Glad that is working for you. Maybe they improved the integration at some point? We started with G5 integration, and gave up on it pretty quickly.