Tandem acquires Sugarmate

Anyone use Sugarmate? What advantage is there with Tslim integration?

3 Likes

I use SugarMate and i hope this doesn’t mess up the wonderful app that it currently is.

3 Likes

I use it. I think @ClaudnDaye introduced it here a few years ago. I like it because I can see my BG on my Mac status bar. Just convenient. I installed SugarMate Mobile app but don’t actually use it. I don’t know why Tandem would be interested in integrating with it, I use OmniPod.

It does have a nice, clean interface, both mobile, and Mac app have the same UI. Easy to use, and if allowed, you can view BGs, pump data, carbs.

1 Like

@ClaudnDaye I hope it doesn’t mess it up as well!! I’ve just started using it with my Omnipod.

2 Likes

I love the fact that I get a call when Samson’s blood sugar is low. Especially now with having to work while looking after them, it’s been a lifesaver.
I hope that function doesn’t change.

3 Likes

i also use it a lot. It is a lot better than dexcom’s equivalent for many reasons.
the main thing that I like is that it doesn’t smooth so you actually know how much the CGM is telling you BG has dropped. I also like the metrics that it shows

I use it like this for anyone that hasn’t seen it.
Omnipod/G6/Samsung

Ed

3 Likes

I also hope they don’t change the phone call feature. Since that is a nice safety feature I would imagine they wouldn’t change that, but if there is a way to make it “safer” then I am sure their lawyers will push them to do that. But the phone call is the ultimate safety feature, so I would imagine that is in for the long term.

1 Like

That is the biggest (and really the only, for me) value in SugarMate. The other information I can see other places…but that phone call is critical for us…it’s really been a godsend to have that phonecall at 3AM that I actually hear and can wake up too.

1 Like

SAN DIEGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNDM), a leading insulin delivery and diabetes technology company, today announced its acquisition of Sugarmate, a popular mobile app for people with diabetes who use insulin. Sugarmate will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Tandem Diabetes Care, and will continue to be led by its founder, Josh Juster who has joined the Company as Vice President, Sugarmate
Information for Current Sugarmate App Users

Sugarmate will continue to serve its current customers and operate as a standalone entity in the near term. Sugarmate app users, and anyone wanting to use the app, will continue to go through the Sugarmate app and website for information and support. Tandem is committed to continuing to support the Sugarmate app user community with innovative data tools, regardless of their choice of therapy.

Information for Current Tandem Customers

The Sugarmate app is not intended to replace the t:connect® mobile app, which is expected to launch for t:slim X2™ pump users this summer. The t:connect mobile app is being developed as a discreet secondary display for t:slim X2 pump users to view pump data on their mobile device and wirelessly upload therapy data to the cloud-based t:connect web application.

Since founder is part of the deal, seems likely those features would not be removed.

3 Likes

Wow, sweet deal for him! I’m so happy for him. All this time he’s been developing SugarMate out of the kindness of his heart…it’s about time he reaps some rewards for this killer app.

1 Like

Agreed, it does seem like a good deal all around.

1 Like

I would like to see a time line of all the expected launch dates they have mentioned for the mobile app…lol. Kind of been a moving target for awhile.

1 Like