T:Slim X2 w/ G6 or Medtronic 670G?

Those are quite large differences! The Animas Vibe and Ypsopump are really fast. What’s the advantage of such a high speed?

1 Like

I just charge mine while I am in the shower.

I had a converstaion about it with the Animas rep a while back (when they were still in business). She gave a good analogy.

If you were to bolus 10 units with a syringe or pen, how long would you take to inject it? Certainly not several minutes!

If you can inject that fast with a syringe or pen, why not do it with the pump? Not exactly the same, since a syringe or pen is not using the same spot for several days, but a reasonable comparison.

So if you get the insulin like 5 minutes earlier on your bolus, that is an incremental improvement in how long you need to wait before eating. Not a huge number, but I think that is the idea behind it. At least according to the rep I spoke with.

1 Like

I have a tandem pump which I like very much. Next week tandem is going to release software that automatically gives insulin and also reduces the insulin basal rate if you’re running low. I think it’s called automatic insulin delivery. This is a pretty big breakthrough for the pump – – you’ll need to have the dexcomG6 as well to use that feature.