Suggestions for itchy pods?

The itching for me was due to being allergic to the insulin! I switched to a different insulin and it helped the itchy/stinging that was happening with the humalog.

3 Likes

I use Flonase and the itch has reduced a fair bit. Another item I use more frequently is Skin Tac. I use it for my Dexcom and also for my Omnipod Dash - really helps a whole lot.

2 Likes

For itchy adhesive I apply a little Arnicare Gel (tube says it’s for muscle/pain/bruising but stops itching for many hours and can be re-applied). I bought it to eliminate bruising from IV needles, but it comforts many malady’s. I buy at Walmart. Try it you’ll never be without it!
Thank you FUDiabetes for your continued support and Happy Days to y’all! Hemet Hermit (Bette)

5 Likes

Thanks @Hermit, I will give that a try too!

2 Likes

Wipe my skin with Skin-Tac before the Dexcom is put on. Works like a charm. Always use it with Dexcom, don’t have too much of an allergy with Omnipod Dash.

2 Likes

I had similar bruising on arm when it took 3 tries for nurse to get it right. I also found cream that helped, but have to check for brand.

1 Like