Strip-testing my diet drink

ha ha ha

@Eric Don’t you understand that you put the pee sticks in the food BEFORE peeing on them, not AFTER? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ah, that seems like a much better way of doing it. I had it backwards.

3 Likes

Yep, Jenn’s right - you can’t use it to estimate dose as its not that accurate. Its more to detect its there when you get a diet drink that isn’t or a sauce thats not meant to have flour or sugar added in but does.

You guys make me laugh!!

All laughing matters aside, in another group, I noticed that dissenters were asked : If you are against xyz, why are you here? The reply was that the person who posted the comment was not opposed to anything, merely stating personal experiences. It is very sad when groups of individual become insular and are hostile to differences in, this case, personal experiences with using a Dexcom.

If someone wants to pee on the strips BEFORE putting the sticks in the food, ok. We’re merely discussing our different techniques and experiences. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I shall respectfully disagree here in terms of the timing. I’ve used Diastix for a long time and I’ve watched while it took 15-30 seconds for that aqua to turn dark brown, indicating the presence of sugar. If I’d dunked and moved on I would have been drinking regular soda. I wait the full 30 seconds as directed. YMMV.

1 Like