Stretching the COVID Vaccine

Pharmacists be acting like T1D’s stretching supplies!! :slight_smile: :grinning:

11 Likes

I wonder if that’s got something to do with thermal expansion? Lots of things shrink when super cold and swell when brought up to room temp?

Good news all around, maybe we’ll get vaccinated earlier than predicted.

6 Likes

I wonder how many times they will re-use the needles. You can get 10 shots out of them, easy.

And you don’t actually need to use an alcohol swab there, pharm tech! Seriously, put the swab away, you’re wasting my time.

Lift up my sleeve? Nah, just go right through the shirt.

:grinning:

10 Likes

I would love to see someone try and implement your standards in a medical office environment. Here, let me spit on this rusty syringe…

7 Likes

Just follow a Maserati…chances are it is headed to a secret stash of vaccine in a shiny new freezer.

1 Like

Makes me sick…

3 Likes

One way to determine if your syringe is dull:

• Place the syringe on your skin and slowly press and if the skins dimples but the needle doesn’t break through the skin…it’s probably dull.
4 Likes

@jim26, you are hard-core!

I love the old-school stuff.

3 Likes

Then it is time to get out the sharpening stone.

4 Likes

lol…just young and dumb, but I survived!!!

2 Likes

I used to work with nurses and their looks of horror when I’d just inject through my shirt were one of the highlights of my day.
Now I’m passing my bad habits (and a few of my good ones) on to my son, but while I only use one pen needle a day he’s decided to use two- one before lunch and one after.

4 Likes

For years after I developed diabetes (at the age of 11) my mother, who was, indeed, a nurse, would sterilize my syringe by boiling it. We had been provided with three needles when I left hospital, so she would sterilize the needle too. Great days, I only ever used on of those needles. We also had a supply of ketone test tablets; 50 in the bottle if I remember correctly. Never used those, couldn’t work out what they were for and, more important, what to do if one of them turned purple. The clinitabs, however, were great; my introduction to exothermic reactions.

3 Likes

A boiling bubbling test tube full of urine. Good times!

3 Likes

that would be the dream!

Only concern now (well not the ONLY concern) is that there is this new, mutation of the virus. How will the vaccine help us with that nightmare?

2 Likes

this is hysterical and seemingly very accurate and quite believable for someone like Eric :rofl:

4 Likes