Stomach sleeping

Has anyone had their CGM on thie stomachs and are a stomach sleeper? Wondering if its okay to sleep on my stomach. Just got my dexcom.

2 Likes

I do. On the first and maybe second day of a new sensor this can sometimes cause pressure lows (false low readings caused by pressure on the sensor) but anyway it generally works ok for me.

4 Likes

I’m not a stomach sleeper, so this may be of limited use. I’ve had compression lows just with the G6 on the back of arm and laying on my back, arm at my side; naturally there’s a bit of pressure, but I was surprised at the low alarm none-the-less. I’ve also experienced them with the G6 on the inside left upper arm, laying on my left side, arm out a bit, though its not consistently. The end story: No matter the location, if there’s enough pressure…and it doesn’t have to be a lot…a compression low is possible. I’m at the point if an alarm goes off while I’m sleeping, I quickly look at the graph looking for a sudden drop off, thinking “compression low”; if that’s what I see, I wait for the next dot and if its a sudden rise, I head back to sleep…I hope I keep waking back up!!

2 Likes

Yes! A level graph that suddenly plummets in the middle of the night for no reason, to me that means it was just a pressure low. I no longer bother to double-check it with a fingerstick unless it doesn’t recover promptly when I remove the pressure.

4 Likes

The site problems I’ve encountered with the G6 have only ever been related to detachment. I simply don’t use the cute back-of-the-arm location Dexcom use for their ads any longer; it is just too prone to wardrobe malfunction.

I suggest just trying different locations and seeing which work. We’re all different; my answer, or my location, might or might not work for you. The G6 seems pretty resilient to different locations from the point of view of function; working, but mechanically they don’t all work for me.

2 Likes

This is what I also notice. After the first few days, the sensor is fine.

I can also get non-pressure pressure lows. If I have a sensor on my chest and I turn onto my back, I can get the exact same sudden drop alert. Roll to my side and all’s well. This one, though, persists through a sensor’s lifetime.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I have never heard of thisand never experienced it, so will be alert! Thanks.

1 Like