G7 - Compression Lows?

I seem to have way more compression lows with G7. I never really had that issue with G6. Curious if others are experiencing the same thing.

3 Likes

@jim26 Had not really thought about it although I did have to go thru a learning curve to try & teach myself not to roll on the G7 side & bury it in the mattress. When I sleep I do move my phone/receiver from side to side to give a better direct line of sight.

I do get more aberration lows with the G7. Got one this morning with an alert saying I was 72 waited 5 minutes & it corrected itself to 114. Still woke us up :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

My experience has been just the opposite. I had to learn from experience and some analysis what was causing the lows w G6, found out about compression lows here on FUD. Admittedly it was my first CGM so everything was new. With G7, I’ve only had a couple of compression lows, immediately knew the cause, and took action to fix it. I had expected many more problems due to the small size of G7. I suspect it’s the same as real estate…location, location, location! I use the side of my upper left arm (side sleeper, mostly right side), Even with that I’ve been surprised I haven’t had more issues and believe it’s because I tend to place it in a “hollow” between muscle groups that allow it to “hide” from direct pressure.

4 Likes

While I did have compression issues with G6, the G7 is WAY worse on me, too.

I had to call dexcom that first month several times about it. I can’t wear it on my arm as then I’d have to sleep on one side, and not my back, for 10 days straight. Ouch.

Even when I can insert it slightly more on the side of my arm, the compression lows while sleeping still occur. I’ve tried several gadgets, none work. I tried a small pillow to elevate that arm, but it goes numb.

So, I use my belly (which is approved, btw, I found out) and my upper inner thigh (not approved, but my most accurate readings).

2 Likes