Soliciting more advice-allergy meds/pump/mdi

@Eric Yes,yes and yes. Is there an easy way to do that? I got midway through writing and thought of that, but just stayed the course. Thanks for all you do, Eric, for me and all of us. This forum has been the greatest growth opportunity for me, and I am sure others. I got here and found out that others are like me and want better results and aren’t just sitting back thinking everything is good enough or feeling unempowered. Thanks!
Laura

3 Likes

I’d welcome a thread on this. Having a lot of similar problems myself.

3 Likes

@Quadgirl & @needlesandmath,
There are a lot of general recommendations for this stuff. And those things can be used by anyone.

But to get things really dialed in, the regimen is going to be 100% unique for the individual.

I want to share some thread examples from an FUD superstar, @daisymae. :star_struck:

She used to start her swims at 200. Now she can start at 100 and end at 90.
(And now, if she goes above 120, she gets pissed. :joy:)

Her first thread is over 2,000 posts! The second thread is now over 200.

If you really want to get information that is specific for your scenario, that’s the way to do it. Start your own thread that is specific to you. That way when someone replies, they know if you are on a pump, on Tresiba, what you are doing, etc, etc, etc.

Posting these as examples of what it looks like from start to finish. All the incremental steps, and as a success story to share what @daisymae has done.

https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/daisy-maes-swimming-bg-thread

https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/getting-back-into-the-pool-after-2-years-away

2 Likes

OMG, do I remember those days. And this was recommended by my former endo. What a jerk he was. When I started my thread about swimming, I had sooo much help from so many people, but I couldnt for the life of me understand what they were saying. But finally Ericf jumped on board and explained things to me in a way that I could somewhat understand. I could at least trust in his personal experience and the gentle and 100% unshaming way he explained everything. So I completely understand how to come up with a plan of action. And now, as he said, I am swimming away with nice in TR from start to finish. Its wonderful.

2 Likes

Thanks, Eric! That is both hopeful and informative. I look forward to such success! Yay!

2 Likes

@daisymae Thanks for that! My head is sort of swimming now (no pun intended🤪), yet I am optimistic about figuring what will work for me. I hope to soon have some success and then keep building on it until I feel that I can really do this. Thanks and I will read some of your journey and find perspective! Sounds fantastic!
Laura

2 Likes

Threads with many topics can be like rolling a handful of marbles across the floor. They go everywhere!

It’s interesting and fun on FUD for sure! :joy: And there is nothing wrong with threads that do that.

But sometimes it’s hard to track a particular marble out of the many!

If you roll a single marble, it’s much easier to follow the path of that individual marble.

3 Likes

@Eric “Ahhh, Grasshopper, master you must how marbles work! Much time will it take, but rewarding will it be!” Yeah…kind of a cross between Kung Fu (many folks here are probably too young to remember the series) and Yoda!! :rofl:

2 Likes

What about those of us who have lost their marbles, hunh? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I lived for that show every week, lying on my parents bed (we only had one TV back then and it was meant for the grown-ups). Fond fond memories. Thanks !!! :+1:

1 Like