Scattered and looking for something new.... Been Pumping for 12 Years and have Really known Nothing But

Oh, no… I definitely don’t think it would’ve been any better on the pump. I agree.

I’ve already ruled you out as the cause. Or at least the only cause, so don’t apologize. :smiley:

Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t have it in me not to have that high carb fix I was looking for last night. I tried to spill it all here in hopes I would, as a result, feel stronger and then be able to make a good choice, but I spilled it all and then headed for the pantry. I ate two huge bowls of a Cheerios “trail mix” that has things that should’ve wrecked my night. I decided to throw as much insulin as I could at it and deal with it later.

Decisions I made last night because of things I’ve learned here:
I decided on 7 units instead of 6 of Levemir since I realized I could probably use the extra help over night.

I decided to to do almost double my Novolog estimate since I learned the other day that doing a bigger bolus can help to stop the spike.

I decided to add 3 units of Novolin since I have learned that it is slower to get going but would help with the second surge, which I knew was coming.

I’m not claiming not to have made any mistakes with the thinking, but I was thinking. Having learned everything I’ve learned here meant I did my late night pantry-pity-party without taking a hit to my blood sugar. My numbers are great this morning, and that’s going to make for a much better day.

It’s going to be a busy day, and I did also decide to go with one more unit of Levemir this morning. I’m going to be running around all day and think I’d like to be able to eat and drink to correct rather than spending the day struggling with a high. We’ll see how that turns out.

Anyway, thank you, FUD, from the bottom of my heart for teaching me things about my diabetes.

6 Likes

@Nickyghaleb, what a beautiful curve!

To me it is made much more beautiful because it was the result of a series of reasoned decisions.

This is what I LOVE about FUD: we don’t have (many) answers, but we work hard and logically towards them, then we share what we do :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yup.

Just keep in mind that sometimes those decisions don’t have the results you quite expected. Which ties in with something you (@Nickyghaleb) said in another thread:

Knowledge, I’ve found, can increase frustration. Because you now have the knowledge – the understanding and the skills and the tricks – it can be more frustrating when you don’t get the expected result. Once you have the knowledge, you’re sort of driven to figure out why that knowledge didn’t work in a particular case. And sometimes there is no answer. Which feeds your dislike. Is my take.

6 Likes

Sending you a big hug this morning!! And a cup of coffee!

4 Likes

You sent me a big hug AND a coffee the other morning, and I didn’t even so much as acknowledge it. I did get it, you know. It was very kind of you to give me all that warmth to start my day. :two_hearts::two_hearts: it’s Sunday evening now, and it might be too late for a big cup of coffee and a big hug, but I’m sending them back your way. If you can’t do caffeine this late, you can save it for tomorrow morning. :hugs::coffee:️:sun_with_face:

2 Likes

52 posts were split to a new topic: Trying Automode on my Medtronics 670G again

There is always an answer… sometimes the answer is the randomness of the universe. It must be universal because we all deal with at one time or another!

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: What tracking app do you use and why do you like it?

Ha ha ha well I stopped lurking and decided to be a problem over here. Not really. Hoping to learn something! Looks like there’s a good chance I might. What’s up with that Eric guy? damn he’s some sort of diabetic whisperer, love smart people!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Watch out. Say his name three times, and he appears. Like it or not. :grin:

And I don’t know what’s up with him. He’s like auto mode. There’s no point in trying to figure him out. Because you can’t. But with any luck, the relationship will just work. Good luck to you.

:grin:

For that, this is the place to be. All we do is cry, laugh, and complain back in the Honest Exchange. They do that here, but they mix in real information, too.

3 Likes

Well, I have to say that we do help a lot of people in your group Nikky. It’s just that we all allow a bit of crying and commiserating and no suggestions because none of us have any! That’s not true, now I’m even able to support people who are newbies and going through the same stuff. Beginner brute force stuff not fine-tuning like over here, so it seems.

:heart:

1 Like

I know we do, Mattie. I have a hard time being serious… unless I’m in trouble. In all seriousness, we’re doing really wonderful things over there.

No, it’s not fine tuning quite on this level, no. But we beat them in laughter. Which is the second best medicine…right behind fine tuned insulin. :grin:

1 Like
3 Likes

Or if you have no respect for the original.

3 Likes

Such a nice hello! :+1::v:️:heart:️

2 Likes

Killin me.

2 Likes

Now with lyrics.

If You Don’t Know Me by Now
by Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes Me!

If you don’t know me by now
You will never never never know me

All the crap that you’ve been through
All I’m doin’ girl, is trying to help you

Now baby I don’t know crap about your auto-mode
And all the CGM graphs, that you’ve showed

Oh don’t get so excited when I post on the FUD site
Cause we only act like children when we argue fuss and fight

We’ve all got our own diabetes tricks
I’ve got mine, woman you’ve got about 96

Just trust in me like, 'cause I believe in you
In the 5 months we’ve been together it should be so easy to do

Let’s put our minds together and give this thing another try
What good is my FUD love when we can’t see eye to eye, oh

4 Likes

Those are your best lyrics yet!

2 Likes

Thanks. Some songs just write themselves…
:grinning:

2 Likes