Resetting G5 transmitter with xDrip+

@MM2 Some of the newer G6 transmitters seem to have an enforced shut off in them.

Thanks,@docslotnic. My focus really is that I just don’t want to mess up the transmitter reset by doing the wrong thing. I am hoping the reset worked, but how do I find out?

This is from JamOrHam, the xDRIP+ dev, on Gitter:

You can't preemptively restart the newer firmware transmitters. It is possible to restart them but they do their best to make this awkward. Removing from the sensor, waiting 10 minutes and reattaching seems to work reliably but beware the glucose values you can get after this can be significantly inaccurate and you will very likely want to add calibrations to try to correct this. To restart without removing the transmitter I think you need to have blood sugar falling during warm up.

That’s hysterical!! Who figured that out ! Soon dexcom will use a random number generator, using the sensor code as seed!

My last G6 sensor would not let me remove it using the test strip method, and I eventually broke it to put transmitter on new sensor. Fortunately I was able to restart that sensor w/o removal of trans. Seems that there are changes being made within same transmitter ID series regarding restarts (81xxx that I’m aware of).

So what are the “newer firmware” transmitters?
Mine is an 81xxxx with firmware 1.6.5.27. Maybe this is my problem…maybe it can’t be done, yet?

OMG, you two. I’m afraid I’m way out of my league here. But that’s good to know. Just have to try harder, right.

My current 81xx is firmware 1.6.5.25
Purchased in June. Restarts ok.

First one was 80xx, easy restart.
Next batch is 8G.

Another person posted about an 81xxx 1.6.5.27, and had to wait 30 minutes after end sensor, before being able to restart.

More details here for G6