Research study on AID system focuses on teens

4 Likes

I am very interested in UAM & some other features of iAPS / Trio that were posted

In general, these are the first three settings you will want to configure as you gain confidence in the app and your settings:

• Enable Closed Loop for automation
  • Increase Max IOB to “average meal bolus + 3x max daily basal”
  • Enable SMB and UAM for automatic bolusing (ensure your ISF is optimized before enabling)

Edit for bad link but good description for SMB & UAM Here

3 Likes

@SobeiT I agreee the bulleted items are what “desired”, however, I would encourage people, particularly if treating a child, not to rush to “Close” the loop. Better to wait a a day or two to ensure you understand the operation, then “Close Loop” and watch it carefully for a period of time. Kind of similar to “trust but verify!”

2 Likes

I agree to your agreement :grin: slow & sure is much better then fast & regret.

Stay safe :smiley:

What I’ve found with UAM is that I can pretty much ignore both snacks and corrections. By “snacks” I mean ~10g of carbs and by corrections I mean carbs entered when I detect my BG getting low. Before UAM both would result in an high BG.

I do sometimes bolus for corrections. Low BG gives me the munchies so I can eat a full meal as a result. I’m running a hybrid closed loop so I bolus for meals; I did try a full closed loop (no bolus) but I get better results with hybrid (bolus for carbs significantly >10g, approximately.)

UAM and SMB are, so far as I could tell, compatible. However I don’t think SMB is compatible with either a hybrid or a full closed loop. The SMB is doing what the closed loop (either variant) does anyway. I ended up stopping SMB after I went closed loop - SMB is great when not running a closed loop (either variety) and, for those who don’t feel good about ceding control to a computer, SMB is our way to do it without the AI!

3 Likes