Remote monitor G6 without phone (with tslim x2)

@docslotnick Hi and thank you for this info on the watch idea. very cool it’s so small!! my 5 year old is running tslim x2 + dexcom g6. My wife and I usually have her keep an SE iphone close by as receiver and then use dexcom share to see blood sugar readings through our iphones using dexcom follow. I’d never heard of this Finow Pro solution so wanted to ask a follow up question for our specific situation:

1. Can my wife and I still use “Dexcom Follow” on our iphones with the Finow Pro watch setup you mentioned?

This assumes we ditch the iphone SE we currently use as the receiver which would be great as she can carry the watch in her pouch much easier. It would be great to downsize given she starts kindergarten next year but worried about how you said “it’s an all Android solution” so may not work with our iphones.

Thanks!
Nick (Jasmine’s dad)

2 Likes

@JasminesDad Yes, you can set up Dexcom Follow on the Finow. And, as you probably know, Follow works on Android or iPhone.

I should mention that the Finow watch I’m talking about is the Finow Q1 Pro.

4 Likes

thank you! i’m checking it now now …

: )

1 Like

@docslotnick

4 Likes

I have seen an acticle about the Huawei GT 2 4G as a collector with xdrip and as a follower.
Can this be true?

@Werner2000x Yes, I do believe that some successes as using it for a collector have succeeded. I’m also fairly certain it can be used as a follower.

However, it cannot transmit data to the cloud even though it is data capable. That requires the full Android OS.

2 Likes

Kann man auf einem Handy mit Xdrip Installation als Verfolger den Blutzuckerverlauf der SmartWatch Huawei GT 2 LTE mit Xdrip als Sender sichtbar machen ?

1 Like

Translation for those that need it.

Can you see the blood sugar history of the SmartWatch Huawei GT 2 LTE with Xdrip as a transmitter on a cell phone with Xdrip installation as a tracker?

2 Likes

@Werner2000x Yes. The watch will be the collector only. The phone that it is connected to will have all the data in the xDrip+ app. If you use the cell phone as the collector, all bG data will be displayed by the watch. The only caveat is that the watch will display only the last 5 hour of data. To see a full history you need to look on the phone.

@Chris Thanks for the translation!

Sorry I mean the Huawei Watch 2 4G, not the GT 2.

Can you send her to school with the receiver device? I think the alarms are FDA safety features. The alarm settings for the receiver can be different than the pump settings, if I recall. I hope this helps.

1 Like

@docslotnick I picked up the Finow watch and can confirm it (mostly) works as you described. I have it as the collector as well as the xDrip+ Sync Master. I haven’t put in a sim yet, since the kids are home constantly with the quarantine, so it has constant connection to the home WiFi. However, within a couple hours, it loses connection with the transmitter. I can get it to connect again after some sequence of reboots and restarts to the collector. Do you have any advice on how to maintain the connection?

1 Like

@kenfred
Glad it’s working for you.

I really don’t know the ins and outs of the Finow watch, as I’ve never owned one. But my guess is it has to do with a power saving routine on the watch. If it has an always on capability, that should definitely be on. Maybe you can exclude xDrip+ from power save on the watch.

1 Like

I know this is late, but sounds like an issue with the wifi service provider.

1 Like

Thanks for your message. The issue is not with the wifi/xdrip sync. The issue is that the Finow watch can’t maintain Bluetooth connection with the G6. I’ve tried every setting I can think of, but it is not reliable. I have stopped using the watch. If anyone has any experience with Finow and the G6, with reliable results, I’d appreciate the chance to compare settings.

1 Like

I wonder if this would work. What do you think?

KOSPET Prime 4G LTE Smartwatch,3GB RAM+32GB ROM WiFi GPS Smart Watch Phone with 1.6" Display,1260mAh Battery,Face Unlock,Dual Camera,Full Android Smart Watch

1 Like

@drincle Welcome to FUD!

Since that watch runs a full Android OS, it might. My guess is it will work as a display device for your Bg, but I’m less sure that it will work as a collector.
I haven’t seen a lot of talk on that particular watch in the community, but I think the best place to ask is the xDrip+ Gitter thread. In any event, let us know if you are successful getting it to work. Sounds like a nice watch!

Thanks for the welcome.

I’ve done some research and as of yet, I haven’t come across any watches that connect directly to the G6 transmitter. My daughter currently has a samsung phone on her at all (most) times, but it’s a pain to get her to always carry it in her fanny pack, especially now that she also has to lug around her t:slim pump. The pump is small, but it is bulky and a little heavy. Her phone is lighter and thinner than the pump, albeit it is much taller than the pump. I’m thinking of picking up a full-android smartwatch and testing out the xDrip+ app, although there is the universally-compatible original dexcom app (search reddit), so no worries there. I’m just going to make sure that any place I purchase one from will have a hassle-free return policy. I don’t want to be stuck with something that I have no use for. Also need to find one small enough to fit on the dainty wrist of my 38lb 1st grader…

www banggood com/LEMFO-LEM10-1GB+16GB-1_82-Large-Screen-4G-Watch-Phone-GPS+GLONASS-2MP-Front-Camera-700-Mah-Smart-Watch-p-1549665.html?akmClientCountry=America&p=RS04045723962201608Y&custlixnkid=481187&ID=529070&cur_warehouse=CN

2 Likes

Hi drincle. I’m in the same boat. I have had the Finow watch running as a collector, but not reliably. However, there have been reports of other people having success with the Finow.

So in theory I think it should work, but you may have to fiddle with the bluetooth settings. I’m still messing around with mine to see if I can make it reliable.

1 Like

I should also mention, my daughter wears her pump in a pouch (spibelt) and I put the Finow watch right in there. I removed the straps.

1 Like