Random D thoughts

Well played, Cody!

2 Likes

I don’t know what you guys get up to south of the border, but up here they’re sweet. Very, very sweet.

1 Like

What is that?? Is that blueberry?? Or some kind of meat???

It is what the great Oracle Google returned when I searched Mince Pies. Here in “normal” land, my pie is pumpkin, apple, or blueberry. We don’t use “mince”

My British friends refer to chopped up meat as mince, so I figure that is what they were referring to. Apparently there is an offshoot of minced fruit pies, also referred to as mince. So I am now totally confused.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Totally confused, maybe, but still totally normal with pie expectations like that.

1 Like

@Eric, repeat after me:

“I will not eat the hammers.”

3 Likes

Mincemeat is not mince, which is minced meat. Clear as day!

3 Likes

Clear as day.

Not clear as day.

:grin:

The only real question here is what is a mince pie, and is it real pie, or does it have meat? Minced or not?

1 Like

Beef suet and an assortment of dried fruits (such as raisins) and spices and booze was traditional. My dad loved it! Here is a modern recipe:

5 Likes

Snow shoveling break…chocolate milk in my coffee! :coffee: :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Have you ever made coffee using milk instead of water?

No, but that sounds yummy! :smiley_cat:

Would make expresso-machine cleanup rather time consuming, wouldn’t it?

You could do it with one of the old type pour-over drip filters. I have never made it like that, was thinking about trying it.

1 Like

New diabetic level achieved - stabbing myself with a lancet when my lancing device suddenly stopped working. At least I got to reward myself with a big spoon of peanut butter to head off a low.

This stands out to me because when I was pregnant with my first child (pre-diabetes), I opted to do BG testing rather than the glucose drink (for other health reasons), and my mom said she always just stabbed herself with lancets rather than bothering with a device (she had GD with one of her pregnancies). I told her I could never do that. Little did I know…

7 Likes

…An amusing and positive post on dealing with the complexity of the holiday season and diabetes https://diabetogenic.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/revisited-silly-season-survival/

I just saw the Freestyle Libre commercial on TV, and noticed the guy riding up on his bicycle, when he scans his Libre, has a CGM-like track on his receiver. And the track has a decided down trend, but the receiver shows an up arrow.

First, how does a Libre show a CGM trend unless it’s scanned every 5 minutes, and why does it show an up arrow when that track is going down?

My wife says only I would notice that!

5 Likes

It saves the last 8 hours worth of data in the sensor, so it fills in the trend once you scan.
I think the number/arrow it displays are based on an average of the last 15 minutes of data so that may be partially why the arrow is screwed up

2 Likes

The guy’s got no skillz. He stops his bike, and even removes his helmet to do the scan.

6 Likes

Yeah, but he probably wipes his finger tips with an alcohol swab before he scans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes