Random D thoughts

@TravelingOn They had just come in from having a great time in the mud. I was outside getting their bath ready, and they gave me that innocent look.

I can’t stay mad at them for more than 30 seconds.

2 Likes

@docslotnick I am so glad that I was right about the mud. After I sent that, I thought maybe your dog just looks messy all the time, and it was part of his fur, and maybe I had insulted you! But as it turns out, I was right. Bathtime and mud were what was happening!

And not being able to be mad at them for long is smart! That’s probably good advice for life in general. :smiley:

Maple our labradoodle loves puddles. And will wallow in them at any chance. Also she loves to lie down in the surf at the ocean and acquire as much sand as possible. She doesn’t get her back or her head wet though. She’s a hoot!

I often wonder if anyone on FUD has a diabetic alert dog and how they went about training them/where they got them. We had hopes Maple might be good at that but she’s too shy and didn’t warrant more training in that direction. So she’s our well loved pet instead. :paw_prints:

2 Likes

I don’t have a trained one. But my dog nearly broke my son’s door down when I was having a bad low at night, a few years ago. He was barking and going crazy trying to get someone to help me. My wife was out of town, and my son ended up calling 911, thanks to the dog waking him up.

7 Likes

Wow!!! Go dog, go! That one is a keeper.

1 Like

There’s always yourself! Yourself is never far away. And usually listens.

3 Likes

LOL, my mom said she talked to herself ‘cos she was the only sensible person around!

3 Likes

HA! Sometimes I’m my own worst enemy. :zipper_mouth_face: Maybe I need to channel @CatLady’s mom and not my own?

Annnnnd people tend to look at me crazy if I’m talking to myself. Don’t get me wrong, and frequently talking to myself! :rofl:

All this makes me think of our wireless earbuds, and how often I have thought people were talking to themselves when they were actually talking to somebody on the phone. That always cracks me up! I’m convinced they’re having a very long conversation with themselves, and it’s just hidden earbuds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pyschology researchers spend a lot of time listening to kids’ self-talk while problem-solving. I am glad it’s usually only my cats overhearing when I am trying to work out a BG strategy. :scream_cat::smile_cat:

Hmm…calling it a strategy might be just too, um, optimistic sometimes! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

This is what my group is debating right now. It’s serious business. People be like “you’re gross.”

4 Likes

LOL, I have a set of Bluetooth hearing aids that are connected to my phone. I often carry on what appears to be conversations with myself. I got to noticing strange stares when I talk on the phone. I often will hold my phone to my ear just so I do not confirm everyone belief that I really am crazy

3 Likes

Lick

2 Likes

You’re gross.

:grin:

Just kidding. Me, too. But I’m gross so…

I laughed so hard at this that I had to explain this whole thread to Eric. Still chuckling. I wonder if I’ve given you the side eye and caused your phone holding behaviors? :joy:

1 Like

@Nickyghaleb Wipe with what? And who is doing the licking?

2 Likes

You are awesome. Every single time. :grin:

Here’s a new way to remove a sensor: fling an about-to-barf cat off the bed in the middle of the night!! Really happened! Found the sensor on the comforter when I woke up. All I can figure is that I must have pivoted on it during the toss! :smile_cat::smile_cat::smile_cat:

11 Likes

I saw a commercial on TV for the LoveSac furniture store.

I dunno, maybe it’s just me. But LoveSac has an entirely different meaning in my mind.

Way to go furniture marketing company! Awesome job choosing a well-thought-out name that has no duality or any possible chance of being misconstrued!

3 Likes

Ha! I first heard about that company in high school or college and it made me snicker then. Glad you’re still laughing about it!

2 Likes

I don’t get it.

:grin:

2 Likes

@Nickyghaleb back to lick or wipe - My 3 year old sticks his whole finger in his mouth and licks. I used to lick but now I wipe.

2 Likes