Pump Break?

Just reading all of this makes me realize that I don’t have the energy to deal with it. Everything is difficult and stressful enough with the pump. I’m not up for doing all this figuring and managing. I guess it will be up to my husband to take this on if he wants to. I’m just so completely tired.

1 Like

You definitely want to make your diabetes changes when you have the energy. I think that is a healthy part of any checklist, i.e. do I have the energy to make these changes…

3 Likes

I forget - are you still on the Animas?
OMG - I loved the remote. If I had to come up with the number one thing I miss on the Animas as compared to the Tandem, it would be the remote.

Take the exact situation you describe and now imagine how much more difficult it is if you are the Father. I miss the remote.

1 Like

Yeah, and it will be her father at times!

You really can’t manipulate the basal on MDI the way you can with a pump, it’s more about finding a dose that is adequate but often imperfect. It’s probably much harder for children on MDI with growth hormones causing basal needs to vary so much throughout the day. As an adult with simple basal needs I can do fine on MDI or the pump, but if I had a diabetic child I would think the pump would make a lot more sense and be less complicated overall.

1 Like

I like pens, but a small syringe and a pen cartridge are way more compact. And that syringe has half-unit markings, too.

3 Likes

So the first thing I do is take the pen cover off and toss it. :):grinning:

Then you pen becomes much smaller and easier to carry.

I also carry a syringe in case of pump failure. The newer ones are very compact.