Preparation for Staying Home for a Bit - Covid-19 related

I hit the alcohol swab issue weeks ago. Tried to pick some up (just because I needed some) and the pharmacy was out of stock. Went to my usual pharmacy and they were also out of stock, but were able to put two boxes on hold for me when new stock came in. That’s about 200 alcohol swabs, so is good as long as the shortage doesn’t continue on for a long time.

I’ve bought a few other extra supplies, but am continuing on as usual for now. That includes flying (last week), taking public transit, working in schools, and just attended a conference. We have a two-week spring break starting next week and it will be interesting to see what happens when school returns if things are much worse. I take a lot or precautions in my everyday life just because I’m so sensitive to some of my food allergens (wipe down surfaces, aware of what I’m touching, don’t touch my face, always wash hands or clean with hand wipes before eating, try not to touch what I’m eating, wash hands often, the only thing I’ve added is hand sanitizer for when I’m not near a sink). So that, combined with my history of almost never getting sick, makes me feel pretty safe for the time being.

I was supposed to fly to a conference in May, but have just heard that it’s cancelled (or will be moving to an online format). The next few months will be interesting…

3 Likes