Omnipod: Pod expiration reminder

Not sure if anyone else does this, but I find it useful. For your pod expiration, the PDM only shows the date. Plus, you have to turn the PDM on to see it.

I am not as aware of dates as I am the day-of-the week, and this is useful for me to remember my expiration day and time. I also write on there which insulin I filled it with, because I change that around often, and they are all a bit different.

Anyway, I always put it on the pod with a sharpie, and that way I know when I am leaving the house, just a quick glance tells me whether my pod will last until I get back home.

I know it’s not as exciting as a phone app, but the old-school sharpie delivers! :smile:

IMG_2188

5 Likes

Our PDM shows date and time. Right now it reads “Pod exp 1:31p today”. So we know we need to change it out 8 hours after that. Getting the PDM and looking at it does take more time than just looking directly at the POD though. Nice hack. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is that time the actual exp time, or the +8 hours included?

Yeah, the PDM shows date, until it gets to the current day, and then it says today.

For me, I can mentally process the day-of-the-week faster than the date. I don’t always know the date without looking at a calendar, but I always know the day-of-the-week :slight_smile:

I don’t add the extended 8 hours to the time, I just write activation time on there.

2 Likes

That’s a really nice, practical tip!

1 Like

I have realized how useful this is. We are adopting the same practice as of this week. Thank you!

2 Likes