Peanut Butter & Slow BG Creep

DM, do you also eat almond butter?

iā€™ve tried Almond butter but didnt care for the flavor. maybe iā€™ll try it again. still, though, my love for PB is obscene.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t like texture as much as peanut butter but maybe I need to try a different type?

2 Likes

Kraft Crunchy, the red container with the bears on it. I know itā€™s probably terrible and I donā€™t care, Iā€™m hooked! I donā€™t know if they make it in the States, I lived there when I was a kid and it was always Peter Pan peanut butter. I like the taste of natural peanut butters but find them hard to spread after a while. I donā€™t find the sugar content matters long as I square wave or use regular insulin.

2 Likes

PB on a celery stalk. Yummm. My go-to PB is only natural, made only of peanuts and salt. NO sugar.

The reason why PB takes so long to digest is twofold: its fat content. And it is technically a legume (a bean) and the body metabolizes beans much more slowly. Once you get used to these two aspects of the product, all should be fine. Itā€™s actually a VERY healthy snack, especially given most other snack choices.

4 Likes

Why are you talking bad about my snacks?

5 Likes

Oh my Chris! I joined this particular topic because I was searching for snack ideas. I wanted to be inspired by regular, everyday foods that I can keep in the house for me as well as for my non-diabetic husband. Your photo shows the opposite of what I was hoping to find. But it is a frightening version of what I could be in my refrigerator.

3 Likes