Omnipod post 72 hours?

Accidentally put Samson’s medtronic pump in the wash, so we’re using Omnipod for now while we dry it out in a bag of rice.

We’re supposed to approach 72 hours when he’s at his learning pod. So my question is, if we go past 72 hours, will it be a “Screamer” for hours or is it okay to just swap it out when we get home?

3 Likes

It will beep incessantly when it expires at 80 hours.

But, before 80 hours, it will only give you a warning beep to remind you that you need to change it. It will NOT constantly make noise until the 80 hour mark.

Is that what you are asking?

1 Like

yes, that’s exactly what I was asking, thank you!

2 Likes

I think this is what confused me!

Learning pod is a school thing, right?

In the OmniPod lingo, “pod” is the term we use for the thing that is stuck to your body and delivers insulin. Ain’t no learnin’ in it! :grinning:

Oh, also…I think it will do a reminder beep occasionally after 72 hours, but once you acknowledge the reminder one time with the PDM, it will stop.

But if you do not acknowledge the reminder, I think it will keep reminding you every once-in-a-while. But not incessantly.

But I do know it will NOT go nuts until 80 hours. Before 80 hours it will just be a minor annoyance until you acknowledge it.

1 Like

haha, yes a learning pod is a small informal group. We have 4 kids with Samson with a teacher, because apparently the San Francisco school district never plans to open again, despite our historically low COVID-19 case count.

2 Likes