Omnipod 5 time settings

Heads up !! The Omnipod 5 pdm has some oddball ways of telling time…

Sad but true…the same time zone setting provides two different times. I suspect this bug appeared with the recent software update (I started this pdm yesterday including the software update to 1.2.4). The tech support at Insulet claimed that I was the first person to report this. During the conversation he mentioned that a software patch will be coming out soon for the Omnipod 5 pdm.

Through the Settings-General tab I randomly switched the insulin delivery time zone back and forth with no affect. Finally, I switched to Honolulu, then back to LA time zone and the insulin delivery time magically corrected itself.

5 Likes

Thx for letting us know? Mine is not showing this error but I will check it again after I restart the controller through the next couple of days.

You must be detailed oriented! I never would have noticed that.

2 Likes

It was screwing up my basal program and running everything one hour late. It was baffling until I stumbled onto that setting

2 Likes

Which was the correct time? (EDIT: if any; you posted at 14:10, I’m in the same timezone).

1 Like

The repurposed phone had the correct time in the upper left info bar, 12:07. The whole episode makes Insulet look sloppy in my view. I will probably be using Tandem Mobi pump when Insulet finally releases the long promised iPhone app.

1 Like

And speaking of the long awaited iPhone app…anyone have any clues as to when that could happen?

2 Likes

That’s what I suspected but I’ve seen 'phones be off by one timezone both when connected to a cellular network (i.e. the network provided bogus time information) and certainly when using NTP (internet time, which cannot provide timezone information).

So it’s curious; the PDM is reporting “PST” as the timezone, but 'pod is reporting what I assume is PDT but at this time of year they are the same. It’s a bug but I can’t work out what the bug is. Mostly likely they just failed to take into account the date when calculating the timezone offset.

1 Like