My trip to the ER!

I also heard this when I used to get DKA with a seasonal bug each year back in the '80s and '90s. The increased urination drains out sodium. The low sodium can persist for a little while even after IV saline, if the saline intake didn’t sufficiently compensate for the amount of sodium lost with increased urination resulting from the IV infusion.

@CatLady, good to hear all’s well once again and you’re safely back home!

3 Likes

Thanks for all the support and food-for-thought: I follow up with my HCP next week and have a lot to discuss. :pray:

5 Likes

Just some follow-up:

Still having some GI symptoms :frowning: and challenges managing my BG though staying in a more normal range. Boluses only starting to work normally, appetite so-so. Blood tests indicated I did have an infection but fecal tests so far have drawn a blank. I feel tired and down and not very confident in my D devices and management skills. Thanks for listening. :pray:

8 Likes

Very sorry to hear all of that. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you.

:pray: :heart:

4 Likes

As always, sending you warm vibes and hoping for a speedy recovery.

4 Likes

Hope your appointment next week goes well. Best wishes.

4 Likes

Sending you good thoughts and hugs. Hope you feel better :hugs: :pray:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry, @CatLady. I sure hope you get some answers and good news soon! I’m sending you a big hug! :heart::heart:

4 Likes

Thinking about you, @CatLady! Hoping for the best for you! :crossed_fingers::heart::muscle:

5 Likes

CatLady,
How have you been feeling lately? Have your blood glucose numbers been more stable? Infections under control? Hopefully, no more trips to the ER.

3 Likes

Thanks for asking. :heart:

I am doing much better with all things GI finally back to normal in the last few days. I am taking a daily probiotic and eating some low-sugar yogurt to help things along. I am also working with a new CDE to put together a sick day plan for severe illness (I was so ill-prepared, no pun intended) and to help with some other D stuff. I told her about our forum and she cracked up about the name!! :smile_cat:

7 Likes